He cared for Calum, sympathized with the man even when Calum was screaming at him, when Calum was trying to beat sense into him in a way he knew wasn't right but forced the man into. He had never met someone that tried so hard with him, that had chosen the wrong way to go about it but Luke was finally seeing clearer even as Calum's fist bombed into his face, clear when Ashton would be sitting there and mending the way his boyfriend broke him. It was a twisted sense of love but it was the only type Luke knew.

He could tell Calum didn't want him to speak, didn't want him to talk to Michael and he knew he was worried about the fact that he might say something stupid to the other man. He wondered what Ashton saw in him at that moment that had him taking the phone from Calum and moving over to him, the brunet standing back and Luke could only imagine what was hiding behind the terrifying skull he wore that matched against his lovers.

He could feel the anger through the phone, Michael's voice sharp as always and he ignored the programmed fluttering in his heart and the ingrained twist in his stomach as he cut the man off once Ashton slipped his gag out of his mouth from Calum before.

"Michael, shut up. It's me."

The tension rose as he stared at the phone Ashton was holding for him despite him being perfectly able to with his own free hand, trying to avoid breaking his sensitive lip while speaking. He could feel Calum's eyes on him closely, see out the corner of his eye where Ashton was looking at Calum instead with a steady hand holding the phone, thumb ready to press and hang up on Michael whenever.

"Fuck, Luke, Are you okay? Where are you?"

He fought the urge to roll his eyes at the concern in Michael's voice, as if he hadn't put him in this situation. The only reason he was alive right then was because of the couple not wanting to kill him yet, nothing out of Michael's efforts to prolong his living with his spats of caring about him and then not.

"I'm so sorry about all of this, baby. I don't-I wasn't thinking when I called them and it was stupid. I'm trying everything to get you back. I swear, I'll make it up to you."

He tiredly replied back that he knew Michael would, knowing he wouldn't probably even have the chance if Calum had any say in it with his fist clenched again and Ashton's head tilting lightly as he watched Calum's reaction. Michael would make it up to him, would act like he could with stupid and meaningless things and actions up until he shifted again and went too far. Luke felt he already had as he sat in close company with the skull faced couple beside him.

He lied when Michael asked if he was alone, staring at the holes of Calum's mask and feeling him waiting in pure anticipation of what he was going to say or do as he heard Michael's voice go softer like it always did, in a way that pissed him off now rather than annoyed him like usual because Michael's soft voice was a lie and nothing like Ashton's when the man did every time he spoke to Calum, even when he spoke to Luke the couple times he had.

"I'll never do anything like this again, Luke. I swear, this was a mistake. Once I've got you back with me, I want to finish our engagement. It's been two years and I think I'm ready."

"Fuck you, Michael. God, fuck you!"

He caught Ashton's wrist when the man went to hang up, the other man shaking his head at Calum stepping forward and only slightly surprised the brunet actually did stop and nodded at Ashton after a moment to let him know it was okay what he was doing. His chest flexed in pain up his ribcage from yelling back into the phone with anger surging, lip nearly splitting again from his sudden speaking without care for it as he tightened his grip around Ashton's wrist subconsciously.

He remembered when Michael did propose to him, after pushing him out of their car in the middle of flying down the road in their argument about about him getting angry about Michael flirting with some other blond and going farther than flirting barely five minutes later. Luke knew Michael didn't remember. It was only after he got out of the hospital for a cracked rib, busted nose and broken arm from being pushed out violently because of his screaming at Michael about cheating when he knew the man would've flipped shit just as much as he did if Luke ever thought of someone else, let alone taking them upstairs and being seconds away from fucking.

What was Michael expecting to get back now if he was actually trying to marry him? He could hear the confusion in Michael's tone as he told him he was just confused, apologizing again, rolling his eyes as he subconsciously tightened his grip around Ashton's wrist more, sure to leave imprints of his fingers curling up tighter though Ashton didn't make him stop as the pain crawled up his arm slowly.

"You tried to kill me when you made me this way, Michael! Fuck you for acting like this ain't your fault! Like you can even fix this! You made me into this monster and now you can't even look at the face of your own evil creation without blaming me for this! You don't-fuck, I'm fine."

He weakly breathed from his screaming as Ashton hung up the phone on the middle, turning his head away from the man moving closer to catch the blood running from his nose again in anger before his chin was gently grabbed to force him to look back where Ashton could handle his nose. He leaned back onto the wall for support, tilting his head back to stop his bloody nose from going on as he looked at Calum, looking sadly at the brunet before shutting his eyes with a shallow sigh as Calum rushed with Ashton asking him to get his first aid kit again.

-

AN: and my first Muke chapter, after my first lashton. Well, a proper one with more in-depth to their relationship and more of Luke's pov as well.

He's always been aware but it seems like now he's finally coming to terms. How're you feeling about this chapter? How Luke feels about Michael and Cashton and their relationship?

Thank you in better ways than I can put into words for reading and interacting in any way that you did!! I'm so happy to see y'all loving the story so far, it makes me happier than anything!! I love y'all and see you next chapter!! <3

:)....