Chapter 8: "Friendzone"

Start from the beginning

Jimin looks closely at the taller one's face as if he wants to capture Jungkook's creature and keep it with his eyes. He's going to miss Jungkook's big doe eyes, beautiful nose, and pink thin lips. He wishes he could keep Jungkook's smile that shows his bunny teeth to himself. He hopes Jungkook doesn't stare at anyone biting his lips and smirking like he does with him. Jimin's going to miss these strong hands that make him feel weak. The bulky body that handles him so well.

"Ahem." Jungkook clears his throat and it wakes Jimin up from his thoughts. He shifts his gaze to the side. "I need to study. It's two weeks away from the exam." Jungkook suddenly cuts off the intense stare Jimin is giving him. "Don't stare at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you're in love with me. We're friends. Best friend." Jungkook wishes he could explain Jimin's stare, but he couldn't. It sure feels uncomfortable, and he's really not sure why.

"O-oh ok." Jimin tries his best not to let his sad expression slip. He gets up after Jungkook, not knowing what to do. His gaze is on the floor, trying to look for his phone, that pang he feels on his chest is way too intense to act normal or to look up to face Jungkook. It feels as if there's invisible fog in the air. He finds it hard to breathe.

The taller of the two looks at Jimin who's scrolling on his phone. Jimin is in his clothes looking like a child. They seem to be too big on Jimin's body. Jungkook finds it hard to shift his gaze away for some reason, but when his gaze meets with Jimin's. His best friend seems to notice his obvious stare. "Go change. Take my clothes off." Jungkook utters with a serious voice.

"Y-yeah." Jimin agrees in a higher pitched voice. "I'll go change now." As soon as Jimin locks the bathroom door. He suddenly sits on the counter, trying to process everything.

Thinking of Jungkook's actions over and over again, for the hundred times he has to finally admit and accept to himself that Jungkook's kind actions are just the way he shows affection in friendship matters. Jungkook always knows what Jimin wants. Taking care of him so well. Making him eat properly and giving him things randomly, Jungkook makes him feel special, but it's just friendship.

'Just friendship, Jimin. You and Jungkook are just best friends. Nothing more.' Jimin thinks to himself, trying to pull himself together. He wishes he could frame those words and make them his life motto, for now.

But how about when Jungkook turns their foreplay into a romantic make out smoothly? Why has Jungkook been kissing him more passionately and more gently lately? What about those stares Jungkook has been giving him from time to time? The stares that show adoration if he's not wrong.

Where is he supposed to put his mind when he occasionally catches Jungkook stealing glances? How can Jimin think straight and be convinced that those are friendship acts?

He has to make up his mind, but it's too confusing for him, and he gets his hopes up high every time. Jungkook always makes it verbally clear that anything more than friends is not possible.

The Jungkook that kicks, throws and pushes him into the friendzone all the time, is the same Jungkook that seduces and intentionally distracts him sexually whenever he got asked on dates. What about the couple set at the ice-cream pl-

"Jimin? What's taking you so long?"

Jimin's thoughts got interrupted. He's really taking a long time, and it can seem suspicious. "I'm almost done." Jimin shouts. It takes Jimin five minutes to change back into his school uniform. His white polo shirt has some mint green stain on it. Jimin sighs.

This friends of benefits thing is not really working for both of them, but who is he to make it stop? Because that would mean no more kisses and touches from Jungkook. Jimin is not ready for that.

Opening the bathroom door, he shifts his gaze to see around the room. Jungkook is at his study table, studying hard.

"You need to eat something. You haven't had your dinner." Jungkook states. "Let's go eat. I could fix something up for you."

"No. It's fine. I'm heading home." Jimin rejects.

"You can stay over."

"It's been two days. I need to finally go home." Jimin also stayed over last night, he really should go home.

"Then I'm driving you." Jungkook gets up and finds his keys.

"You need to study."

"I can do it later." Jungkook approaches Jimin. "Come on, who's going to pick you up this late?"

"I can take a taxi or Uber." Jimin utters.

"Don't be stubborn. I'll take you home." Jungkook pinches Jimin's cheeks with a smile. "Follow me down when you're ready. I'll grab some food, so you can eat on the way."

Not again. Not Jungkook pinching his cheeks adorably and acting all like a gentleman, again.

Ding.

Jimin realizes he got two texts from Chanyeol.

Chanyeol:

When should be our next date?

Chanyeol:

How about I bring some Mexican food on Wednesday for our second date?

The first one must have been sent when he was in the car with Jungkook. Yes, Jungkook snatches his phone away. Why? Is it possible Jungkook doesn't want him to go on dates with Chayeol?

"Jungkook." Jimin calls out to the taller one who's about to pass the door out from the room.

"Hm?" Jungkook turns around to Jimin who's standing at the end of the bed.

"Sh-should I go on the second date with Chanyeol?" Jimin asks with his serious eyes staring deep into Jungkook, trying to imply the underlying messages of his question?

Jungkook downs his gaze quickly before he replies. "Why are you asking me?" He tilts his face at Jimin.

"Just answer me. Do you want me to go on a second date with Chanyeol?" Jimin asks again, hoping Jungkook would say no.

Jungkook pauses a little before he lets out a friendly smile that doesn't show his teeth. "You can do whatever you want, Jimin. Do you want to go?"

"But do you want me to go? If I agree to go this time, you're not going to distra-" Jimin is interrupted before he can finish a sentence.

"You should go." Jungkook gulps before he continues. "Go on more dates with him. I'm your best friend, Jimin-ah. I'd be happy if he makes you happy."

"Then I'll go." Jimin says as he sees Jungkook turning away and finally walks out the door. It's going to take a while before Jimin can finally follow his best friend downstairs. Jimin is stuck. Being stuck in the friendzone feels too heavy for him to walk right now.

It took him bravery to ask Jungkook that question. Jimin had to try, and he got the answer. The clear answer. Therefore, from now on, Jimin promises himself to practise losing feelings for his best friend, and starts to have feelings for someone else.

Anyone, but Jungkook.

----------------------------------------------

End of chapter.

A/N:  Happy Monday <3

How are you guys?  How's school and everything?