Chapter 8: "Friendzone"

Start from the beginning

"Ah Jimin-ah, where does it hurt? Did Jungkook give you some cream?" Jungi's eyes become soft when he sees Jimin's action. "You need to be more careful next time, ok? Don't worry about the car anymore." He approaches and caresses Jimin's hair, adorably.

"So now it's ok because Jimin did it?" Jungkook tilts his head and crosses his arm, being ignored. Unbelievable.

"My hands are better now. I was planning to clean again properly after I take a nap. Sorry uncle, I was too tired." Jimin lowered his gaze on his laps. "I'll go clean right now." Jimin opens his blanket, weakly, but he's stopped by his favorite uncle, Jungi.

"Jimin-ah, you should rest. It's taken care of. Don't worry and go back to sleep ok?" Jungi pushes Jimin back down on his bed. "Do you need anything? Are you hungry?" He asks.

"Hmm no uncle. I'll go back to sleep now. Thank you so much. You're my favorite." Jimin says as he lays his head back on the pillow, smiling like a little kid who's being pampered. "Goodnight, uncle." He utters, sleepily before he closes his eyes.

"Goodnight, Jimin-ah." Jungkook's dad rubs Jimin's head before he turns to his own son. "And you Jungkook, don't sleep. You still need to study." He says in a serious tone that the two teenagers in the room know he's acting. It's not his nature.

"Don't you think you owe me something?" Jungkook smirks, still crossing his arms. "For being double standard." Jungkook scoffs.

The middle aged man sighs as he closes his eyes. "I'm sorry, Jungkook. It's my fault I accused you." Jungi knows parenting and egos don't work well together.

"It's fine. I forgive you." Jungkook chuckles playfully. "I'll see you at breakfast. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Jungi ruffles his son's with a grin before he walks out.

The sound of the door closing is being heard. Jungkook stills crosses his arm, looking at Jimin. He's resting his standing body against the TV cupboard opposite the bed where Jimin's sleeping.

The pink haired boy opens his eyes and lifts himself up to sit. He looks back at Jungkook, smirking. "Looks like I just saved your ass. You shouldn't have made him apologize. It's not his fault."

"So now you feel bad for your favorite uncle and not me who just just got yelled at." Jungkook doesn't move, getting cute aggression towards Jimin who was acting all cute and innocent in front of his father. It affects him. Makes him want to squeeze Jimin and slap those asses so hard.

"Because it was our fault. We messed up the car and got away with it, so quit being upset." Jimin utters. "You should learn to be like me, and you'd never get scolded at." He tilts his head up, proudly and playfully as he smirks at Jungkook.

Without saying a word back, Jungkook stares at Jimin with his big doe eyes, biting his lower lip as he grins. Jimin's actions increase cute aggression even more. Jimin needs to be punished for being all sassy and bossy. Therefore he tackles. Jungkook suddenly jumps and bumps at Jimin who screams from getting caught off guard.

Being hovered on, Jimin's both hands are locked above his head. "Ah Jungkook! Stop!" Jimin giggles hard. The taller tickles his necks with his nose. "It tickles, Jungkook. Stop!!" Jimin tries to speak, but Jungkook does the same on the other side of his neck.

Jungkook lifts his head up to see the pink-haired boy becomes a mess with his doing. The absence of touch makes Jimin open his eyes slowly to see what's going on. His smile fades when he sees Jungkook staring at him with the expression he can't really guess. Not dare to, but it sure makes him feel his stomach twirl.

The two stare deep into each other. Their breath fans against each other. Their hearts beat fast as if they're competing with one another. It's like everything stops. Jungkook hovering over Jimin gives the smaller one some effects. It reminds him that it's only a month before he moves to San Francisco.