◕23★ Selfish(less)

Start from the beginning

"You were the one who went through all the thorns, sacrificing your childhood to train and be better fit for the King just so that your step-brother, Jungkook could get to live his childhood like a normal kid. You were the one who visited me every day in the library so I won't feel alone, and requested the King for me to teach you, even though I was considered a 'mateless' Ingvar who wasn't qualified to teach a Salar, you did everything in your power to show others my worth."

"You were the one who encouraged Hoseok to forget the groupings between a Dunar and a Lazar and just go to Yoongi for the sake of their love. You made a rally for mateless just so they can be viewed better in the society and fight for their rights, you brought a revolution while bearing King's beatings and facing the true mate's (the majority's) backlash and you still stood strong for the minority, even though you were scared for life at that time. You're right it's you, you every time."

"And that's not what I'd call selfish, I'd rather call it selfless."

Namjoon kept reminding Jimin of the self-sacrifices he did past these years, he didn't want Jimin to feel guilty of the risk his friends took for his happiness.

He wanted to tell Jimin they weren't only his friends but a family. Family on which he could rely on without keeping a heavy weight on his mind.

"It's in the past, I grew up and I am supposed to be more responsible, you all were there for me through it, I am not there for them when they are in trouble, in fact, I am the trouble." Jimin tries to reason with him, in his eyes Namjoon was supposed to blame him, for running away, for breaking the rules, for not listening to him, but instead he was calming Jimin down.

He appreciated it but he didn't think he deserved it.

He followed a butterfly through the woods which flew away and finally disappeared, and he got lost. Lost himself in an illusion which he thought was real. And left others suffer the consequences of his immature acts.

"If you keep thinking like that then do you think the trust and risk, they took for you would be worth it? Yesterday's you is still you, even though it was in past, focus on you- the you want to be today and tomorrow while it's still in your hands." Namjoon stated and in the end, he pulled up the corner of his lips into a smile. His creased eyelids encouraging Jimin to go ahead with life.

Namjoon had been a strict teacher for Jimin when he was young, his friendship never came in between his lessons, but today he was here, speaking from both the sides of a teacher and a friend.

Jimin couldn't understand why he was being so dramatic, not agreeing with his Hyung and talking back, there was bluntness in his voice, hiding the dilemma in his mind which he didn't want to talk about, "So you want me to change myself?" he probed Namjoon, a brow slightly raise upwards, demanding for a reply.

"I am not asking you to change yourself, I want you to change your motives. You aren't attached by strings anymore, no one can pull them according to their will, they are in your hands. You're no longer the crowned prince while you're here, you don't have to be responsible for someone else. Trust me when I say that's what the ones who love you want from you. Your Happiness. Always."

Namjoon kept prompting on the same thing again and again till Jimin gets that fixed in his mind, till he can at least try to think about it.

Probably it was working when Jimin stopped firing back his words as pointed as arrows.

Maybe someday, his quiver full of blazed arrows would empty down and fill with sweet flowers instead.

Taehyung packed his stuff and cleaned the room, threw the trash out, trying his best to make it quick, with his peripheral vision, he saw them talking through the window, and he decided to go at his own pace. Till they finish it.

By the looks of it, maybe it was a much-needed conversation.

He clutched his telescope and safely securing it against his chest. He could finally take his baby home, all together, he didn't have to gamble the life of his precious telescope by taking it through bus or by walking. He was leisurely going to take it back through a spacious car.

When he walked in their direction, holding the strap of his backpack draping behind him. Jimin stopped talking when their eyes met, he felt Jimin's intense gaze on him which couldn't quite decipher.

"I hope I am not interrupting something," he nervously chuckled and his eyeballs went from Jimin to Namjoon. The energy around them deemed as if a fire was just put out.

"No not really, let's get you back home," Namjoon ushered a sweet smile his way, a dot of flesh popping inside his cheeks.

This guy seemed chill.

Jimin went silent he didn't really had words left; lips pinned together. All he could do was follow them through the muddy road half heartily.

There it was, upon a dandy old brown sat a metallic carriage of the modern age- the car. Bulky block of pearl white color, aerodynamically curved, poshing the scenery up for a bit.

Taehyung ran towards it, eyes bulging out of his sockets, his jaw slumped down, he then glanced at Namjoon and Jimin, "You guys are Richie rich huh? This must have cost a fortune."

Jimin tapered his eyes at Namjoon, waiting for his reply.
Namjoon shrugged his shoulders and casually replied, "Maybe we are."

Taehyung gasped and traced his fingers on the glimmering skin of the car, holding his telescope dearly. His eyes never leaving the machine.

Namjoon got into the driver's seat and started the engine. Jimin held out the backseat door for Taehyung who was busy admiring the car while his hands were occupied. Jimin tilted his head, signalling Taehyung to get in.

"A gentleman I see, at least you know your manners." Taehyung cheekily showed his boxy grin and got inside.

Jimin rolled his eyes at the remark, hiding a tinge of blush coating his cheeks. He rested himself on the front seat.

Once they got inside the car, Namjoon pressed his foot on the accelerator and the car took off.

○◌◎◍◐◑◒◔◕◖◗◔◓◒◑◐◎◍◌○◒◐◎◌◍◍

"Hope is quenched! Extinguished, yes, inside me
Where recently it blazed like flaming noon,
Magic's flowered portal locked, denied me,
Witching dream, why did you fled the scene so soon?"

●◑◑◒◔◓◖◕◗◖◔◓◕◒◑◐●◎◍●◐◎◍●◐◐

[A/N]

I was going to write a long chapter but I then I couldn't lol. It's been a while since I updated so yep.

I do acknowledge that it was boring but yeah bear it with me.

Also, show some love by voting and commenting.

And anticipate for the next chapter ;)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT<3333

Adios!