◔13★ Eavesdrop

Hoseok was brought into an empty, murky room. The walls were painted in royal blue, a layer of dust was plastered upon it, the edges of the ceiling were now covered with spider webs.

At the centre of the room, a maroon rug carpeted the floor on which laid a wooden table.

Hoseok reached in the middle of the room and moved near the table. Three black clothed, masked Axars huddled around him.

Hoseok scoffed and then creased up, “Do you seriously need to cover yourselves up like that? I can still recognise each one of you from a distance.”

One of them removed the mask from his face and gritted his gummy teeth in annoyance, “Namjoon, I told you this was a bad idea. Each and every single Lazar guard on our way was staring at us, half of them were laughing. Why did I even agree to your idea, knowing my reputation was at stake?”

“I thought no one would recognise us this way, I am not allowed to go near Jimin. What else was I supposed to do? I couldn’t dress like this all alone; I would’ve looked like an outcast and I do realise this was a bad idea.” The tallest one in the room, dragged his mask down and spoke with an awkward smile adoring his face, showing one of his dimples.

“Honestly, Yoongi hyung’s idea was better, Namjoon hyung could’ve stayed right here, he is of no use in spying. I could’ve gone with Yoongi hyung and searched up the information.” The last one fluttered his thick lashes and narrowed his doe-eyes at Namjoon.

“I am still right here, kid.” Namjoon rolled his eyes at the youngest, clearly vexed.

“I am almost 17 years old.” The youngest, stomped his foot and pouted.

“Exactly! a kid.”

“Stop it! Don’t you want to know what happened in there?” Hoseok raised his hands up in the air and sniggered at their puerile behaviour.

“Let Hobi speak, drop it you two.” Yoongi roared and then the three of them silenced and looked at Hoseok, expecting the most awaited details.

Hoseok narrated them the happenings of the afternoon, quoting every single dialouge. They gasped when he told them that Jimin didn’t flip the tables after hearing the news.

“This is strange, he is definitely planning something,” Yoongi spoke up, sounding iffy.

“I agree, he didn’t even ask for an explanation.” Namjoon furrowed his brows and scratched his chin, his mind deep in thoughts.

“Coming to think of it, you didn’t elucidate it to us either.” Hoseok stated to which Namjoon looked at him, astound.

“Do you really want to know?” the other three, nodded their heads simultaneously.

Namjoon resumed, “The day he told me about that tale of Altair and Vega, I searched everything about those stars and their constellations. I realised that the tale was a real legend and it was in fact a hint, stating that his mate is no more or apparently in a different world.

In the midst of search, I found an old book written by an ancient Ingvar. I read that there was a similar case way back in time. A Salar used to have dreams about his dead mate on new moon's night.

Besides, we searched the entire territory, we didn’t find him, did we? The only possible conclusion I could draw was his mate being dead. I know the way I let it out was harsh, but he deserved to know, we can’t lie to him every day. I knew this would happen sooner or later and at that time it was very important for him to know about my findings.”

“I think we should discuss on present, rather than dwelling on the past.” Jungkook spoke up; breaking the precipitous silence caused by Namjoon’s clarification.

“I admit that the kid is right, what should we do now?” Yoongi said after nodding his head in agreement with Jungkook’s statement.

“First of all, we need to know what happened at the meeting, by that I mean, someone should go there and overhear their conversation and report back.” Jungkook replied in a stern tone.

All the Hyungs moved their necks to face Jungkook in unison and then squinted their eyes at him.

“Why are you all looking at me like that?” Jungkook took a step back and enlarged his doe-eyes, his cheeks highlighting a light shade of red.

“It’s you!” all three of them exclaimed the same thing at the same time.

Jungkook turned his back at them and crossed his arms, “No way! I am not doing this again, what if I get caught?”

“So, Jungkook is going now. What should we do next?” Yoongi bantered, turning his gaze back towards Hoseok and Namjoon, totally ignoring Jungkook.

“I think we should wait till Jungkook brings us the details. So that I can solidify my assumptions.” Namjoon re-joined in Yoongi’s act and both of them bobbed their heads dramatically.

Jungkook turned around and shrieked, pointing his fingers at others, “I said, I am not going.”

“Drop the act, I know how wilfully you want to listen to their conversation. Put your power of strong hearing sense to good use. Prove yourself as a Salar, its for the betterment of your Jimin hyung. Last time you were able to eavesdrop their fight and we were able to help Jimin out of his terrified state. This time we need your help again, are you in?” Hoseok imparted, putting a reassuring hand on Jungkook’s shoulder.

Jungkook thought for a while, he recalled all the times his Jimin hyung helped him and took care of him. He finally agreed to complete the given task.

He went down through the staircase, hiding behind the pillars in order to not get caught by the guards.

He finally reached the meeting location, he glanced at his wristwatch; 4:20 pm. He thumped his hand on the nearest pillar in frustration. He was late.

The meeting was already about to end, he moved his ear closer to the meeting room even though it was meters away, he could still eavesdrop on their conversation, thanks to his unique powers.

He gasped loudly when he heard his father; the King say,

“They will be mated off on the night of the next full moon.”

[A/N]

Ops! looks like there's trouble written all over.

Your thoughts on this chapter...

Click on that little white astro and add it in our orange galaxy.

Love love!

Adios!