◑14★ The meeting

"V should I go?" Jimin leaned closer to those captivating hazel eyes, his mind already lost inside shiny spirals.

Long slender fingers caressed Jimin cheeks, gathering his attention onto rosy lips. Jimin observed them move, "Go!" V mouthed and disappeared into thin air.

Jimin snaped his eyes open. Visions. Those were real than the reality he faced every day. His chest filled up with determination. He was going fight for what belonged to him.

Jimin reached the meeting 5 minutes early in hope that he could catch his Uncle Min and somehow convince him to disagree with the King.

As much impossible it seemed, he had to take a chance. He knew his uncle will understand him and let him out of this.

As expected, his Uncle Min reached the chamber first. Jimin's eyes lit up, he shot up from his seat and walked towards him but he soon stunned when he saw Haein coming in followed by the King.

All four of them had a seat. Jimin and Haein were facing each other, with a tiny refectory table in between. Jimin wanted to speak to her and tell her every other thing that was running through his mind at the moment, she had a right to know. Although, she kept avoiding his gaze with an imperceptible expression.

No one dared to say anything for another 15 minutes, except the head guard, who was praising the King, a daily routine for the guard to please his majesty, until his eyes met Jimin's pleading ones.

"Jimin, are you over it yet? Do you really want to do this?" Uncle Min questioned Jimin, a concerning look plastered across his face.

A sudden wave of ecstasy surfed over Jimin, he was about to speak his mind but then he saw his father's burning look which could melt an iron sword, for now the look threatened Jimin to shut his mouth. But Jimin wasn't going to bury his eyes under the King's threatening gaze. It was time to fight, eye-to-eye.

"I don't think I have a choice now, do I?" He slightly scoffed looking at his father and tilted his neck, enlarging his eyes and piercing them into his father's eye. He shifted a little in his chair and faced the King.

The king was almost on the verge of explosion, how dare Jimin disrespect him in front of a dear friend and most importantly, in front of the head guard.

"Jimin, its up to you, do you really want this to happen?" Uncle Min moved forward from his seat, trying to break the eye-to-eye bond.

"It really doesn't matter what he think of it for now, its for his betterment. He will understand it sooner and later. Don't mind him Jaekyung." The king smiled a little too hard that it looked fake on his sterned face.

"For my betterment? Have you ever done anything for me? Every time I had to prove myself to you, prove that I am an ideal son, an ideal prince, it was all for you. You are doing this for yourself, for your throne, not for me." Jimin got up from his seat, fists balled in rage.

He was about to leave, but a baleful voice stopped him and his world seemed to collapse right in front of his eyes.

"They will be mated off on the night of next full moon." His father alleged. He didn't even bother to console Jimin, or to give an explanation for his actions. Since when does a father need to explain his decisions to his son?

"You can't do this!" Jimin shouted, his blood shot eyes flaring angry flames.

"I am not supposing to question or comment on your decision, your majesty. But can you give few more days to let Jimin consider it. It might be too hard on him." Min Jaekyung said while giving Jimin a sympathetic look and a nod indicating Jimin to stay quiet for a while.

Jimin huffed and sat down back at his seat, he thought that his Min uncle will handle this with his usual smooth-talks. He looked at Haein, she didn't even budge from her position, her head still hanging down as if she was made of stone.

The king diverted his eyes from Jimin and faced Min Jaekyung, he seemed a little less frustrated, "I can't wait another month if that's what you want me to do. Jaekyung, Jimin is almost 22 years old. He was supposed to be mated at 18. He has been waiting for 4 years for his mate. Now that his mate is no more, I don't want to waste more time."

"I never said that you should give him a month. Even if it's a week or few days, it should be fine. The full moon night isn't the only time to be mated, I hope you consider it, your majesty." Jaekyung replied with his utmost pleasing tone, which could manipulate every single decision.

"I will wait two more days after the full moon. I won't wait any longer, and that's final." The king declared, at this point even Jaekyung wouldn't be able to change his decision.

Jimin stood there with a pinched face, his world broke down. He leaned back in his chair and looked up at the ceiling, are my dreams and hopes over?

Everyone left the room one by one. But Jimin was still there until he heard a voice that surged from deep within, 'Jimin you still have two more days after the full moon night. Two more days...'

He immediately shot up from his seat and strode forward, he saw Jungkook hiding behind the pillar. Did Jungkook really thought no one would see him that way? who taught him to hide like that?

He dragged Jungkook by arm to which Jungkook jumped in surprise.
"Jungkook, I need your help, I have a plan."

[A/N]

Sorry I was away for a while. It was writer's block, I suppose?

I keep failing to upload when I promise you that I will. I feel so bad for breaking my word.

I don't even feel like explaining myself because it feels like I am making excuses. But I was away at my grandma's and I couldn't write there, is it just me or you can't write at any random place other than the one you usually write stuff at?

Okay I guess it's only me.

Click on the Astro!

Adios!