𝙑𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙏𝙎

AWAKENING

(Spoilers ahead

(Spoilers ahead. So, if you haven't seen the movie, read at your own risk!!)

Aryss looked at Ajak. Even though Eternals shouldn't aged she looked grown but not old. "It's been so long, Ajak" she spoke seeing as the eternal wasn't talking. Ajak observed her. For the longest time she saw Aryss as her mother. She was the only mother figured she ever had. The eternals were in a sense her family. "Why did you leave?" Ajak finally asked. She sighed. "You know why" she replied. "It was for the best" she added.

Ajak sat down and looked away, towards the lake. "You were right all along" she said. Aryss didn't have to ask her what she meant, she already knew what she meant. "It's going to happen soon. I'm not quiet sure when" she said. Aryss looked towards the lake too. "Three weeks from now" she stated. Ajak gave her a surprised look. "How did-" Aryss cut her off. "I always know when our world is in danger. How do you think we managed to beat Thanos?" she asked. Aryss got up. "Come inside" she ordered and Ajak followed.

As Ajak walked in she saw all the family photos she had. "Who are they?" she asked as she began to look at pictures. "My sons and daughters" she walked over an specific picture. Two boys stood right next to each other. She gasp. "They..." Ajak didn't know what to say or how to approach it. "Yes. Ares and Apollo. Sons of Ikaris and Druig" she stated. She said as if it was no secret. "Why didn't you tell them?" she asked. Aryss gave the new leader of the eternals a knowing look.

"After a new eternal is born Arishem erases the memories of the other ones. Soon enough, Ikaris and Druig would've forgotten them" she replied. "You know the process, Ajak. Don't act innocent" Aryss said. Ajak often liked to pretend to be oblivious to everything happening around her. "I made my life away from the eternals for a reason. I knew that even though you all cared about me and loved me, you would always put Arishem before me" she stated knowingly.

"Sersie and Ikaris are together now" Aryss felt her heart sink but didn't show it. "Druig is with Makkari" she added making Aryss heart break even more. She smiled sadly, she had seen it coming. "But you knew that already. That's why you left so calm and happy. You knew they would find love again" she stated. "You can't love something you "never" had, Ajak" she stated. How could Druig and Ikaris loved someone they've "never" met. If they saw her again she would be a complete stranger to them now. It had been a thousand something years now.

"It doesn't matter now, my sweet girl. What's done is done" she said. "I need your help. I need to tell them what Arishem has plan for this earth" she spoke. Aryss laughed. As much as she loved Ajak she knew what was coming for her. "Stay here, with me. Away from the dangers that surrounds you" she told her. She caressed Ajak's cheek, making her lean against her touch. "He will kill you for trying to change his plan. Stay here and I can help you stop the emerge" she told her. Ajak denied.

"They need to know the truth!" Ajak stated loudly. "If you leave, Ajak, I won't be able to protect you" she told her. No matter what she had done, Aryss loved her daughter. "Please" she said, a low whisper. A begging tone. "Please, my sweet girl, stay here. With me, stay here, where you can be safe" she begged. But she already knew, Ajak had already made her decision. "But you've already made a decision, haven't you?" she asked. Ajak simply looked at her, knowing she was right.

Aryss walked over to her. She hugged her, it was their final goodbye. Ajak truly believed she would come out of it alive. Oh, how wrong she was. "Just know that I love you, so so much, my sweet girl" she kissed the top of her head. Ajak hugged her back and kissed her hand. "I love you too, mother" with that, she hugged the leader one more time before she pulled away and walked away. Aryss watched her go. "Oh, my daughter. You were my greatest pride and now, you're my greatest sorrow" she whispered as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Aryss closed her eyes, trying to see if she could see the future. A glimpse of it. She saw it, destruction, a far more terrifying ending then the one Thanos promised to bring her. She opened her eyes when she came to the sun was already low. Was Aryss coming back to battle after just leaving the field? Maybe so.