73

"Luke loves you very much... Why would you lose him?" Calum slowly approaches. I look at Mayke. The panic can be seen in her eyes. "What are you doing here?" I ask Calum, trying to distract him. "We just came back. but the boys are still downstairs. I just didn't feel like it.... So I went looking for you guys..." Answer Calum. He smiles weakly. "But... What's the matter?" He asks. Mayke shakes her head. "Just..." Mutters I. "Just?" Asks Calum. He raises his eyebrows. "It's a long story..." Mutters Mayke. She bites her lip nervously.

Calum walks over to us. "I have time..." He sits down on the bed behind us. "Uhm..." Mayke thinks. "I was an addict once... Then I used Luke, but as I stopped using anything, I started loving him more and more..." Explains Mayke briefly. "And I'm the snitch to the press..." She adds.

I turn to Calum and try to read his facial expression, which isn't easy. Calum stares thoughtfully ahead. Occasionally he opens his mouth to say something, but then quickly closes it again. He sighs.

"Oh..." Is the only thing that comes over his lips after a while. "That's not so nice..." He mumbles. It irritates me. "That's certainly not very nice! Is that all you can say, Calum!" I ask irritated. "At the moment, yes..." Answers Calum, "You see, I don't really know what to say..." He mumbles after that.

"I didn't just tell you! Otherwise they would tell..." Mayke defends herself. Calum nods. Then he opens his mouth again, which he then closes again. He repeats it a few times. Then he finally says something. "I can see why you did it... But you did destroy lives, literally..." Says Calum softly. I want to say that the abortion wasn't real, but I keep quiet. I can't do it to Wienowa, especially not now.

"I think you should talk to Luke..." Says Calum softly. "And with Wienowa and Liam.... I don't know the whole story, I don't know exactly what was going on and all, but you sounded genuinely panicked when you told me you were afraid of losing Luke." Calum puts his hand on Mayke's shoulder. Mayke shakes her head panickedly. "I really don't want that!" She cries anxiously. "You have to... He deserves it. And besides: If he hears about it from someone else, you'll be severely fucked." Protests Calum. I look at it in surprise.

"Since when are you so mature?" I ask Calum. Calum shrugs his shoulders. "This is serious and Luke is my best friend. He deserves honesty..." Says Calum softly. I nod.

"Go to him! Call him to you! Talk to him! If necessary, we'll find another place for Ash to sleep..." Calum suggests. Mayke shrugs her shoulders. "I don't dare..." Mayke almost whispers. "I'm sure you can do it! Would I go with you otherwise? Downstairs?" Calum asks. He stands up and extends his hand to Mayke. She takes it gratefully. "Come... Juul... We're downstairs for a while..." I nod. I stand up as well. "I'm going to visit Wienowa, she's been alone for too long..." I say softly. The three of us walk outside. I close the hotel room door behind me and walk to Liam and Wienowa's hotel room. "Good luck!" I shout to Mayke and Calum, who have already entered the lift. Then I knock on the door. Less than twenty seconds later the door opens... By Liam.

"Hey Juutje..." He smiles weakly at me. "Liam... I uhm..." I think for a moment. "Was wondering how Wieowa was doing..." I say softly. Liam shrugs his shoulders in frustration, but concern.

"She called me half an hour ago if I wanted to come to the hotel. She told me about Mayke now... What an incredible bitch..." I see Liam balling his hands into fists. "You should know that she was forced out by the press.... The press is the bitch here, Mayke is badly their puppet." I explain to him. Liam seems to relax. "That's terrible... But still... Because of her we almost lost our baby..." Liam bites his lip. I nod. "It's a thing, being famous..." I mumble. Liam nods. "Tell me about it..." He mutters. 

711 words

Don't forget to vote