64

"Zayn?" Zayn and I are sitting outside, on the balcony of our hotel room. Downstairs I hear people screaming, but Zayn and I don't respond, not anymore... "Yes?" Zayn takes a drag from his cigarette and blows out the smoke in clouds. "Who do you think said it?" I ask, looking at Zayn's cigarette. I'd quite like a puff, if I'm honest.... "Honest?" I ask. He looks at me. I nod. "I think it was Mayke..." He mumbles, almost unintelligibly. I look at him questioningly. "Or... No, never mind..." He mumbles after that. I sigh. I can't stand that, that 'never mind' stuff. "Who?" I ask. "And why Mayke?" I ask further.

"Ho is, Juul, relax. Not so many questions..." Zayn takes another drag of his cigarette. "My main suspect I Mayke, since she's been there the press suddenly knows everything." He explains. "But Calum's making himself a suspect too, with this whole investigation. But I don't really think so, because yes.... Calum..." He shrugs. "I don't think it was Calum either..." I mumble. "Calum's too sweet for that."

"That so..." Sighs Zayn. He takes another drag of his cigarette. "But Mayke he... Why would she do that? She has no reason or anything..." I ask Zayn, who shrugs his shoulders. "There could be so many reasons that they do that.... Maybe she hates us, maybe too much press is pressuring her..." He mumbles. "In any case, I'm not going to ask her." He looks down, the people below starting to scream louder. Zayn waves at them. "I wouldn't have imagined this four years ago..." He says, giving a hand kiss to the fans. "That's right." I reply absently, with my thoughts on Mayke.

I can't actually imagine... She's a friend of Wienowa, isn't she? Why would you do that, if you're friends? Maybe she's really being put under pressure...

"Where are Wienowa and Liam? It's already seven in the evening..." It should be nice that the boys have a day off. I should be with Ashton right now, but instead I'm just worrying about Liam and Wienowa. "No idea... I'll call Liam in a bit." Mutters Zayn. He grabs his phone.

"GUYS!!!" Niall suddenly comes out onto the balcony, almost giving me a heart attack. So does Zayn, he almost drops his phone. "Sheesh Niall! You scared me to death!" Exclaims Zayn. The people downstairs start cheering when they probably see Niall's head. "Sorry dude..." Niall waves to the fans and smiles. Then he looks at us seriously. "You guys come inside with me for a second, I have to tell you something..." Says Niall softly. "It's about Liam."

At the word Liam, Zayn and I seem to get startled. I stand up. "Okay, if I can come too?" I ask. "Niall nods. "You'll probably find out anyway... All the club is already in our room, including Liam and Wienowa..." I nod, wondering if it's such a good idea. There's someone in the club telling things to the press, so why call the whole club together? "Let's just go..." I mutter.

When we are through the door, in our hotel room, I wonder how I could not have heard anything. Many people are talking at the same time. My gaze immediately falls on Mayke, who is talking to Luke. Would she have told?

I sit down on my bed, next to Ashton. Zayn comes and sits next to me. Ashton puts an arm around me. "Shall I do the talking?" Niall asks Liam, as he closes the door to the balcony. Liam nods, continuing to stare sadly at the ground. Wienowa's facial expression is unreadable, her hair hanging in front of it. I sigh.

"Guys... The thing we're afraid of has happened." Sighs Niall, "Management has made the choice..." I see people looking at each other. I see puzzled looks, from Calum, Ashton, Michael and Luke. I see sad looks, confused, everything. "Wienowa just had to have an abortion..." While Niall says that, I look at Wienowa. She's not crying, she's not responding, nothing at all. As if she doesn't care anymore. Liam doesn't react either.

"Sheesh..." I hear Ashton mutter. The rest of the group stares at each other, defeated.

"I'm going for a walk... Juul, are you coming?" Wienowa breaks the silence, after maybe five minutes. I look at her in surprise. "Of course..." I mumble. I stand up. Wienowa too. She walks out of the hotel room before me. As soon as she's out of the hotel room, she looks at me seriously. Fun lights appear in my eyes, which scare me. "What?" I ask in surprise. "I have to tell you something, about the abortion. You and Liam are the only ones who know, and besides him you're the only one I still trust..."

805 words

Don't forget to vote