47

"Juul? What would you like to drink?" Wienowa asks me. "Diet Coke please." I answer. The waiter nods and walks away.

It's a lovely day in Townsville, where we arrived last night. After a long journey of 2' hours, everyone was exhausted. Especially the boys: we went straight to Alice Springs after the concert, they haven't had time to rest. It is now half past one and when we left, an hour ago, they were still asleep. Mayke, Wienowa and I had nothing to do and wanted to get to know each other better, so we decided to go into town.

"Are the boys having a concert tonight?" Wienowa asks. I shake my head. "I don't think so, they're broke..." I answer. Mayke nods. "I think it's sad..." She sighs. "They chose it themselves." I reply.

The waiter brings the drinks: two cola lights and a orange. The terrace where we are sitting is in the middle of town. You see all kinds of people... I take a sip of my cola.

"OH MY GOD!" I turn around startled. Behind me is a girl, she has a smile from ear to ear. She comes running towards us. "YOU ARE ZAYN'S SISTER! AND YOU ARE LIAM'S GIRLFRIEND!" She shouts happily. I laugh. "And you?" She looks questioningly at Mayke. "Luke's girlfriend..." Answers Mayke uncertainly. "OH MY GOD!" She screams. Is this normal? Then she focuses on me again. "What's it like to be the sister of THE ZYANS MALIK!" The way she pronounces Zayn. It's so strange: he's just my little brother, but to her he's her hero.

"He's a good brother. Really a sweetheart." I reply, laughing. She nods understandingly. "Can I have my picture taken with you?" She asks. I nod. She enthusiastically grabs her mobile and takes selfies with all three of us.

"Can I ask you something else?" She asks me, putting her mobile away. I nod. "This is true, isn't it? If it is I will be so happy!" She says cheerfully, after which she takes a magazine out of a plastic bag. She hands it to me.

I look at the cover. I see a picture in the top left corner, a picture of Ashton and me... The selfie, only the rest has been cut off. Just Ashton giving me a kiss. Next to the photo is the text 'Jashton is real! "Uhm... Wait..." I quickly look up the article. Once I find it, I quickly start reading. My eyes shoot over the paper: Ashton Irwin and Juul Malik: ever since the selfie where he gave her a kiss, there was a lot of doubt about a possible relationship.

Now it is finally confirmed!

According to a source, they are indeed in a relationship, and have been for more than two months. 1D boy Zayn Malik, Juul's brother, is also in agreement with their relationship.

I don't need to read the rest. I close the magazine. "We were going to wait, weren't we?" I ask myself aloud. I hand the magazine back. Then I look at Wienowa and Mayke, who look at me questioningly. "SO IT'S TRUE?" Asks the girl happily, "What is true?" Asks Mayke. "That I have a relationship with Ashton..." Mutters I. "I focus on the girl again. "It's true..." I say to her I don't even try my best to keep it a secret anymore: there's no point. "YOU GUYS MUST BE GREAT TOGETHER!"

The church clock strikes two. The girl looks up, startled. "Oh, I have to go! Thanks for making my day! Maybe see you tomorrow and give my regards to the boys!" She rattles. She runs away.

"I thought he wanted to wait another week..." I mumble, looking the girl over. I grab my phone "I need to know more about this..." I look up his number and call him. The phone rings four times before I hear his familiar voice. "This is Ashton..." I hear he's just woken up. "I thought you wanted to wait..." I begin immediately. He recognizes my voice though. "What do you mean?" He asks sleepily. I sigh irritably.

"I don't mind that you told the press that we're in a relationship, but had it been discussed first..." I continue " Why, what are you talking about?" He asks, suddenly seeming awake.

I picture him sitting there. He hasn't been able to shave for two days, so he has stubble. His hair all tangled, damn sexy morning face, his bare upper body and... Okay, let's get right to it, Juul...

"I just saw a magazine here that says someone has announced our relationship..." I explain I have a feeling he really doesn't know. "Seriously? You told?" Asks Ashton in surprise. "No, that's why I'm you right... I didn't tell anything..."

"Neither did I..." I can hear that he means it. "No way..." He sighs. "I believe you..." I answer quietly. I smile, even though he can't see it now. There is silence for a moment.

"Well, whoever told you... I can tell you how proud I am of you! He says. "I love you." I reply. "I love you too! We'll talk about it later, okay?" I nod, but remember that he can't see it. "All right, bye baby..." I reply. "Bye, kisses!"

Defeated, I hang up. "He didn't tell... Someone in the group must have been lying, it can't be helped..." I take a sip of my coke. "Well, at least now we can express our relationship!" I sigh. I like that it's known, but less like that someone in our group probably talked....

"Maybe someone saw you kissing, don't worry." Mayke reassures me. I sigh deeply. That will be it...

955 words

Don't forget to vote