finding the truth II

Start from the beginning

It wasn't an easy job, forensic chemistry was not something you should fuck around with. Although it was an entirely different field than the subject you graduated in, the lab techniques still followed the same agenda—Kuroo also left detailed instructions in his lab on the techniques he used to observe the product in its wake.

The job left you tiresome, yet through multiple batches—you and Leia were able to confirm that all the product was pure, all wrapped in packages of duct tape and plastic bags. The shipment had over tons worth of cocaine and methamphetamine, for which Leia expressed it was normal to be given that much during one shipment, especially for two products. They received imports every few months, and in the streets of Tokyo, it sold out quickly.

Leia mentioned Kuroo was cautious of what was in the product Oikawa once received from South East Asia, because one shipment didn't pass the inspection—in fact, it wasn't even cocaine. It was a hybrid drug all cut with different strands of chemicals, all in different dosages way too potent for human consumption. From then on, Kuroo always made sure to check every little batch before distributing.

These jobs were one of the reasons why the Tokyo Police Department had been targeting Kuroo and Oikawa for quite some time—ready to catch them in an act that deemed them arrestable. After Mr. Sakanoshita died, the TPD stopped receiving their monthly payroll—as the money stopped flowing in, so did their reputation as a precinct.

It absolutely infuriated them, and they knew exactly who were the ones responsible for it—DK and Cypher. This also played into why Japan's incarceration rate was extremely high; at over ninety-nine percent, there wasn't a doubt in anyone's mind knowing the police were bending the rules to fit their own agenda.

"I threatened to expose them with just the receipts, but they said who in the city would believe the words of a corrupt dead yakuza boss?" Leia cocked her eyebrow before picking up the bottle of Hennessy, observing the brown liquid swish against the sides. She placed the large bottle back on the table before Kita poured himself a glass, the glugs of the alcoholic beverage filling the white noise in the room.

"We need both sides of the transactions for the evidence to be reliable." Kita took a swig, lightly placing the bottom of the bottle back to its original spot.

Leia got up from her seat and sat on the table before picking up another receipt. "I thought these fuckers would leave us alone. I paid their asses to keep their business out of ours a while ago."

"The Tokyo Police Department has always been corrupt. They'll rearrange the law or make up evidence just to put the blame on anyone but themselves." Kenma mumbled without removing his eyes from the paperwork, scanning through the descriptions before sorting them out into piles.

Being a part of the business felt daunting, now knowing the ins and outs of what really went on in the underground Tokyo street racing scene. Kita disclosed to you that almost everyone involved with a car club—except for the Fukurodani Squad—ran their own illegal businesses in Tokyo along with street racing. Illegal activity followed illegal activity, and there was no way to escape it once you were looped in.

In a way down to its core, Iwaizumi had looped you in.

While conversing with the three of them, they all explained how they got into the gang life, knowing they were all looped in by Kuroo somehow. Kita explained he came from an abusive household where his mother was an alcoholic. He ran away to Tokyo when he was fifteen and became homeless until he met Kuroo, who basically saved his life.

Kenma mentioned he was childhood best friends with Kuroo, and that he was the one to introduce him to selling and distributing drugs as his partner. This was all before Mr. Sakanoshita caught the eye of Kuroo, sooner or later employing Kenma as the brains for their operations.