'It looked like Weasley's head was about to explode.' Blaise laughed.
'It was hilarious.' Goyle smirked.
'Did you see Granger's face?' Blaise asked.
'What about it?' Draco asked, starting to pay attention to the ongoing conversation.
'Her face turned as red as Weasley's hair, didn't you see?' Goyle laughed.
'Oh no.' Draco answered, shaking his head, even though he had seen the desperate expression on her face when he had locked eyes with her as she had mouthed a 'sorry'.
'What's wrong with you today mate?' Blaise asked, giving him a friendly slap on the back.
'Nothing.' Draco shrugged. 'I'm just tired I guess.'
Blaise and Goyle continued their laughter about what had happened as they turned another corner.
'I'm off to my common room.' Draco told them.
'Sure, see you later.' both lads said as Draco walked up the stairs towards the Head Dormitory, where he told Snape the password and stepped into the common room. Draco saw books sprawled across the table before noticing Hermione lying on the couch.
'Granger, maybe we should start on the preparations for the potions class.' Draco said, but he didn't get an answer, nor did she open her eyes. Maybe she had fallen asleep. Draco walked over to her and looked down at her. 'Granger?'
She didn't answer, but as Draco was looking down at her he noticed she was slightly shivering. Draco slightly tilted his head as he looked at her. She was quite beautiful like this. Draco tore his eyes away from her face and turned around to grab the folded blanket from the armrest of the couch and spread it over her. Hermione immediately curled up in it and a small smile appeared on Draco's face as he looked at her. Draco slowly, and careful not to make any noise, walked over to one of the armchairs before sitting down in front of the fire and closing his eyes.

        When Hermione woke up the first thing she noticed was the weight of the blanket on her, but how did it get there? Hermione looked around the room and then saw Draco in one of the armchairs, his eyes closed. She stretched and sat up on the couch as her eyes darted back to Draco's soundless figure, had he fallen asleep as well? Hermione looked up at the clock and saw dinner had just finished without them. She got up from the couch and stepped towards Draco to place the blanket over him before making her way out of the common room and down the stairs towards the Hufflepuff basement and then off to the kitchen.
'Miss Granger! Honey is so happy to see Miss Granger! Can Honey help Miss Granger with something?' Honey the house-elf asked when Hermione walked into the kitchen.
'Hi Honey, it's good to see you. Yes you could actually help me with something. Could you get some food for Malfoy and myself please? We just missed dinner.' Hermione asked, giving her a smile.
'Of course! Honey will make it right away!' Honey said before disappearing, only to reappear a few minutes later with two plates.
'Is this alright for Miss Granger and Mr. Malfoy?' Honey asked.
'This is great! Thank you Honey.' Hermione smiled as she took the plates from her. 'I'll see you later.'
Hermione made her way out of the kitchen and up the stairs towards the seventh floor, where she told Snape the password. The portrait swung once again open and she walked into the common room, where she placed the plates down on the table and stepped closer to Draco, who was still asleep.
'Malfoy, wake up.' Hermione said, shaking his arm.
Draco slowly opened his eyes and stared up at Hermione. 'What?' he grumbled.
'We missed dinner so I've gotten us some food.'
'What?' he asked confused.
'We both fell asleep and missed dinner, so I went down to the kitchen and got us something to eat.' Hermione told him.
'Oh.' Draco said before noticing the blanket, which was spread over his body.
Hermione walked over to the couch where she sat down as she heard Draco get up and follow her. When he had seated himself on the couch he took one of the plates from the table and they both started eating in silence.
'So.... we have to make that Shrinking Solution together.' Draco said.
'That seems the case indeed.' Hermione nodded.
'I looked it up in the book and I think we can nail it.' Draco told her.
'You looked it up?' Hermione asked, rather surprised.
'Of course.' Draco said. 'You were too busy sleeping.'
'You looked rather busy yourself doing the exact same thing just now.' Hermione said.
Draco opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted by Snape who appeared in the portrait next to the portrait hole. 'Mr. Weasley wants to talk to you, do you want me to let him inside or are you going to handle your business outside?' Snape asked sternly, appearing rather annoyed at the unexpected visitor.
'Well uhm...' Hermione trailed off, turning to look at Draco.
'What are you looking at me for? It's your boyfriend, not mine.' Draco said.
'I don't know.' Hermione shrugged, turning back to Snape.'What does he want?'
'I'm not your owl, ask him yourself.' Snape said.
Hermione nodded and got up from the couch. 'Be right back.' she said.
'Whatever.' Draco shrugged, leaning back.
Hermione rolled her eyes and made her way out of the common room. 'Hey, what's up?' Hermione asked.
Ron pulled her in for a hug and tightly pressed her against him. 'I just wanted to know if you were okay.' Ron said.
'I am?' Hermione answered confused.
Ron stared at her with a smile before leaning in to kiss her, but as he kissed her, she didn't feel like she normally would, as if there was something missing. Hermione pulled away from him and gave him a small smile.
'Where were you during dinner by the way?' Ron asked.
'Oh I was sleeping and Malfoy had fallen asleep as well so- I guess I just lost track of time.' she shrugged.
'What? You slept in the same room as Malfoy?' Ron stated.
'Uhm yes? I was sleeping on the couch and he had fallen asleep in the armchair.'
'Why did you even sleep on the couch? Don't have a proper room?'
'Of course I do, but I- you know what, never mind.' Hermione said irritated.
'But Malfoy-' Ron started.
'For Merlin's sake Ronald, just shut up about it! Malfoy isn't even that bad you know? I mean I was cold and he covered me with a blanket.' Hermione told him.
'He did what?' Ron said, his voice vibrating with anger.
'He covered me with a blanket because I was cold.' Hermione said.
'He touched you?' Ron asked, his face turning red.
'Yes? But why would that matter? It's not like he's got some sort of deadly virus.'
'HE IS A DEATH EATER!' Ron exclaimed.
'He was.' Hermione corrected. 'And are you really saying you'd rather want me to be cold instead of warm with a blanket Malfoy gave me?'
'Yes! He needs to stay away from my girlfriend.' Ron snapped.
'You're unbelievable! What has gotten into you?' Hermione exclaimed, turning away from him.
'Don't walk away from me!' Ron hissed, tightly grabbing my wrist in his hand.
'Ouch Ron, you're hurting me!' Hermione said, trying to pull her wrist back.
She looked up at Ron, surprised that he'd hurt her and as she tried to free her hand she felt fear creeping up inside of her when she felt he was too strong. His eyes seemed distant as she stared into them and she had no idea where this was coming from. Ron was never one for violence. 'Ron, let me go!' Hermione told him loudly.
'Stay away from Malfoy!' Ron told her.
'Please let me go, you're hurting me.' Hermione begged him.
'Just stay away from him.' Ron said.
Hermione didn't answer as tears started to form in her eyes. Ron pulled Hermione towards him and kissed her, even though she didn't kiss him back. She tried to pull away, but he wouldn't budge. 
'Good night and I'll see you tomorrow at breakfast.' Ron told her.
Hermione stared him in the eyes as he let go of her wrist and walked away. What the hell did just happen? How could he do that to her? What has gotten into the guy? Ever since this morning he had been acting strange. It was obvious he didn't like the idea of Hermione having to live together with Draco, but it hadn't been this extreme.... at least she thought so. Hermione wasn't standing anymore as she felt her whole body shaking. The tears that she had tried to hold back were rolling down her cheeks. Hermione pushed herself back against the wall when she felt an hand on her shoulder.
'Granger? Are you okay?' Hermione heard Draco ask.
'Mr. Malfoy, I think you'd better bring Miss Granger back inside.' Snape told him sternly behind them.  Snape hadn't been there throughout the whole situation with Ron just now. Draco wrapped his arm around her and helped Hermione up before slowly walking back into the common room. He let her sit down on the couch before sitting down next to her. Draco looked down at her wrist, the one Ron had grabbed, which was a bright red, Ron's fingerprints clearly visible on her skin. This was going to be a bruise in the morning.
'What did he do?' Draco asked.
Hermione looked up at Draco and saw he was looking down at her wrist. She shook her head as she pulled it back, away from his eyesight.
'He- he grabbed my wrist.' Hermione said.
'I could see that.' Draco remarked. 'Wait.' he said, drawing his wand out of his cloak pocket.  'Just give me your hand.' Draco said.
Hermione shook her head, covering her wrist with her other hand.
'Come on, just trust me.' Draco said.
Hermione looked up and locked eyes with him and somehow, as she looked into his eyes, it felt alright to trust him. She slowly gave him her arm and he situated his free hand underneath it. Hermione could feel electricity as their skins touched as she felt the urge to pull away, but thought better of it. Hermione looked away from him as she felt she had started to blush. Maybe- Maybe he had felt it too? Draco recovered himself quickly and said a spell. The red marks on Hermione's wrist disappeared and Hermione looked from her wrist up at Draco.
'It works for three days, then you'll start to see the bruises you'll probably have gotten from your little meet-up.' Draco said. 'This way people won't go around asking you how you've gotten that ugly bruise.'
Hermione looked up into his pretty grey, blue eyes and felt a blush form on her cheeks. 'Thank you.' she said, giving him a small smile.
'Sure thing.' Draco shrugged, looking up at her.
Hermione felt warmth traveling from where his fingers were pressed against her wrist through her arm further throughout her body. 'Erm- I think I'm going to go to bed...' Hermione said, tearing her eyes away from him as she pulled her arm back.
'Yeah me too, we really have to get working on the preparations.' Draco said.
Hermione nodded as she got up from the couch. 'Good night.'
'Good night.' Draco said, even though he had wanted to sit there with her for a bit longer. What was happening to him? In the past three weeks he had started to look at her in a different way. Was he.... was he falling for her? No he couldn't! He's a pure blood and she a muggleborn... or could he?