*1st of September*

Hermione walked through King's Cross Station towards the wall between platform 9 and 10. She had already said her goodbyes to her parents after they helped her with her luggage. When she arrived in front of the wall she didn't see many people, to her relief. She quickly ran through it and a moment later she was running onto a very crowded platform 9 ¾ . She looked around, but didn't see her friends yet. Hermione walked towards the Hogwarts Express to put her luggage with the luggage of the other students, who had already arrived at the platform. She looked around her and that's when she heard a lot of commotion nearing her. She stood up on her tiptoes and saw a lot of flashes and a lot of people coming towards her. That's when she saw the people who were the "cause" of the many paparazzi. Hermione wanted to turn around to hide away in the train instead of waiting around at a platform that was swarmed with paparazzi, but just when she wanted to step away from the luggage, a pair of arms were wrapped around her waist. Hermione turned her head and saw a flash of red locks.
'Ron!' she grinned broadly as she turned around in his arms and kissed him.
'I've missed you.' Ron whispered.
'I missed you too.'
'Hermione!'
Hermione looked up and saw Ginny stopping behind Ron. Hermione stepped away from Ron and quickly made her way over to her best friend. Ginny gave Hermione a tight hug before Hermione gave a quick hug to Harry as a greeting. 'I thought you were surrounded by paparazzi?' Hermione remarked.
'Aurors are keeping them away from the new students.' Harry said. 'They're too dangerous trying to get our picture, not caring what happens to the people around them.'
'They did tell us to get into the train though.' Ginny said.
Hermione nodded and turned around to walk towards the train, only to stop in her track when she heard her name called behind her by a familiar voice. Hermione turned around and smiled as she walked towards Mrs. Weasley and gave her a quick hug.
'How was your holiday dear?' Mrs. Weasley asked.
'It was nice.' Hermione said, giving her a small smile. 'How are you holding up?'
'We're trying to cope.' Mrs. Weasley smiled sadly. 'But don't worry about us, just have a great time there.'
'Thank you.' Hermione said before turning around again.
Hermione walked back to the train where Ron was waiting for her. She took Ron's hand as they stepped into the train, trying to find Harry and Ginny. They passed a few cabins before finding the couple sitting in one, next to each other on one of the benches. Hermione and Ron walked in and sat themselves down opposite them. It took the train 30 minutes to start moving and finally they were on their way towards Hogwarts.
'So guess who are prefects this year.' Harry said.
'You?' Hermione asked.
'Yep and...?'
'I don't know.' Hermione chuckled.
'Me!' Ginny cheered.
'Really? That's great you guys!' Hermione smiled.
'Thanks.' Ginny grinned.
'Did McGonagall say something about a surprise in your letters?' Hermione asked.
'No?' Ron frowned.
'Nope.' Harry said.
Ginny shook her head.
'Hmm odd.' Hermione muttered. 'I'm going to the loos, does anyone want something from the sweets-cart?' Hermione asked as she got up.
'You're not going to find the sweets-cart in the toilet, you know.' Ron smirked.
'Oh ha-ha Ronald, so funny.' Hermione huffed, shoving his shoulder.
'Chocolate frogs for me.' Ron said.
Hermione glanced over at Harry and Ginny, who both shook their heads.
'No thank you.' Ginny said.
Hermione nodded and opened the door of the cabin, her eyes still fixed on her friends, giving them a smile, but then Hermione bumped into someone and lost her balance, falling to the ground.
'Hey! Watch your step!' she heard a familiar voice say.
The voice belonged to Draco Malfoy, the one she had hoped she wasn't going to see ever again. Hermione kept her head down and quickly stood up.
'Sorry.' she muttered softly as she quickly passed him.

                                    Draco had gotten into the train with Blaise Zabini and Gregory Goyle behind him. They had walked to the Slytherin section of the Hogwarts express before sitting down around one of the tables.
'How was your holiday?' Blaise asked.
'It could've been worse I guess, yours?' Draco shrugged.
'It was fine.' Blaise said.
'Do you know if Parkinson is coming back to Hogwarts this year?' Draco asked.
'I guess she is, I saw her on the platform before I spotted you.' Blaise said. 'Why? Do you fancy Miss Parkinson.' Blaise joked.
'Not even if my life would depend on it.' Draco scrunched his nose up in disgust.
They sat in the compartment for a while before the train started to move. Draco heard excited murmurs around him, which only caused irritation and frustration to boil up inside him. 'Yeah, I was looking forward to going back to this school!' Draco said sarcastically.
'Let's just make the best of it, it's our last year mate.' Blaise shrugged.
'I'm going to the restroom.' Draco said, getting up from his seat.
Blaise nodded and turned to Goyle as Draco walked out of the compartment and towards the restrooms. When Draco was done there, he went back to the Slytherin section of the Hogwarts Express. Draco passed several cabins with students and as he stared back straight ahead of him, a student bumped into him and fell to the ground. Draco looked down and saw a girl with brown hair had bumped into him. She looked quite pretty from where he was standing, but who was she?
'Hey! Watch your step!' Draco snapped.
The girl seemed to freeze on the spot, only to quickly get up a moment later and as she passed him he could hear a soft 'Sorry.' coming from her. Draco stared at her back as she quickly walked away from him and he couldn't help but wonder who this mysterious girl was. Draco shrugged it off and walked further, arriving in the Slytherin section a minute later, before sitting back down opposite Draco and Goyle.
'Speak of the devil.' Goyle said, looking at something behind Draco.
Draco turned around and saw Pansy Parkinson coming up to the three guys.
'Are you bloody kidding me!' Draco muttered, already feeling the annoyance filling him up.
'Hey Drakie.' Pansy smiles as she sat down next to him.
'Pansy.' Draco said coldly.
'How was your holiday?' she asked, placing her hand on his arm.
'Fine.' he muttered.
'Mind was great, I missed you though.' Pansy said, slowly placing her hand on his thigh.
'Parkinson, keep your hands off of me.' Draco growled, pushing her away from him, only for Pansy to fall off the bench. Blaise and Goyle couldn't hold their laughter any longer at that moment. Pansy got up and glared at the three of them before she stomped off to her friends with her chin tilted up, which caused Draco to burst out laughing as well.
'Did you see her face?' Blaise laughed.
Goyle and Draco nodded laughing, not being able to stop.

A/N:

Just a quick a/n because people have been commenting about the whole "packed" and "hee" (which should obviously be hey) thing, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about after reading this chapter, because I already edited this one, but in the upcoming chapters (which I haven't edited yet) (and no worries, it's not through the whole book just the first 20 to 30 or so chapters, sorry about that) there will be quite a lot of "packed", but I meant grabbed, picked up, took etc in most cases. When I started this story a few years ago my English wasn't the best of all and I had no idea "packed" wasn't the same thing as grabbed. I hope you'll understand. I don't have time to edit the whole book right now and I'm sorry for all the mistakes, but I'm doing my best and working hard on the editing whenever I have time.