Sincerely yours,
Harry Potter, the chosen one ;)

Hermione sighed as she reread the short letter. It must be really hard on the Weasley family to have lost one member. She missed Fred and she couldn't imagine how it must be for his family. The people he grew up with, the people who raised him, the people he belonged with. Hermione grabbed the next letter and opened it. This one appeared to be from Ginny. She wrote almost the same as Harry, apart from the fact that Fred's death had been more prominent in her letter. She had written about how empty the house felt, that George hadn't returned to the shop yet, Ginny thought he might be scared, that the empty shop would make it too real. Hermione closed her eyes for a moment, biting down on her lip, trying to keep herself from crying. She had been to Fred's funeral. It had been a beautiful funeral, with a closed casket. She hadn't asked why the casket had been closed, but she assumed Fred's injuries had been too bad to cover up. Many students of the year Fred and George had been in came to pay their last respects for Fred and obviously to give the Weasley family support with their loss. Grief had been the only thing that had been clear on everyone's faces. Hermione took in a deep breath and opened the last letter.

Dear Hermione,

I hope you're having a fun holiday over there, at home, with your parents and without me.... I miss you and I can't wait to see you again. It's hard being at home, it's nice to have Harry around, but it's still not pleasant. The constant sadness pushes down on everyone here. George isn't joking around, he just sits in his room or in the chair in the living room, aimlessly staring out in front of him. It's hard to look at. I can't wait to get back to Hogwarts and escape the slur of this intense grief , I know it might sound harsh, but it's the truth. I'll see you soon.

Lots of love,

Ron

Hermione sucked in her bottom lip, nibbling on it as she read the letter twice more. She sighed and placed the letters on her nightstand before grabbing her book from the duvet and starting to read again. She tried to concentrate on the words on the page, but one thing kept buzzing through her head ever since she had processed the good news she would be attending Hogwarts for her last year at school this September. Would Malfoy be attending Hogwarts this year as well? She sincerely hoped he wasn't. She wanted a peaceful and drama-free year. And what was this surprise McGonagall had talked about in the letter?

Draco paced through the house, running his hand through his hair. He had received a letter from McGonagall, telling him he was accepted back at Hogwarts for the upcoming schoolyear. His mother wanted him to go to finish his last year there and graduate, at least that would give him a chance for a better future. Draco was the opposite of joyful with the thought of going back there. He knew what he had done was wrong, but he wasn't planning on changing his attitude, not for anyone. Draco slowly made his way back upstairs and over to his room. He laid himself down on his bed, grabbed his book from the nightstand before reading on. Something he had been doing a lot ever since his mother and himself got released by the Ministry for Magic, with only house arrest until further notice, was reading. He had somewhat enjoyed reading when he was younger, but never once was he allowed to get a book from his father's library. Draco had figured, now that his father wasn't here, it wouldn't really matter anymore whether he went in and got himself a book to read. His father's library appeared to be a lot of dark magic books, but there was a small section with a few "normal" books with tales of several adventures. When his mother had caught him looking through that section of the bookcases she had told him that was her section and that he was allowed to take any book he wanted. Draco sighed and tightly closed his eyes when his eyes stopped focusing on the letters on the page and his mind started to drift off someplace else. Will they be going back to school? The Golden Trio? He was desperately hoping not. This year was going to be hell enough without them, he didn't need the three wannabe "heroes" to make it even worse. He was also silently hoping Pansy Parkinson wouldn't return. She had been nothing but annoying through the years he knew her, always trying to show off and she never left him alone. He knew his friends Blaise Zabini and Gregory Goyle would be attending Hogwarts again this year, after having received the two letters from them.
'Draco?' Narcissa said knocking on his door.
Draco opened his eyes and looked up at his mother who had just opened the door. Narcissa entered his room and looked at him, giving him a small smile.
'Would you like me to help you pack your things?' she asked.
She had never asked if she could help him pack his stuff for school, which might have been partly caused through the fact they had house-elves who did all their dirty work for the Malfoys, making life as easy as possible for them.
'Uh no, I already packed everything.' Draco told her.
Slight disappointment flashed over her face, but she recovered quickly, giving him a nod.
'Okay.' she answered. 'Are you looking forward to going back to Hogwarts?'
Draco nodded as he turned back to his book. Narcissa left his room again and closed the door behind her. Naturally Draco wasn't looking forward to go back to that school. He never really liked it there. What was that surprise that McGonagall wrote about? Would it be a surprise he'd enjoy? Or a surprise he didn't want to have? What if she put the Slytherins and Gryffindors together to make a point?  No, that's not possible, she wouldn't. Draco took in a deep breath before letting it out again and turning his attention back to his book.