"What do you mean, disappearing?" I asked cautiously. Hama sipped her tea and spoke ominously. 

"When the moon turns full, people walk in, and they don't come out," Hama told us. Is that a riddle or...? Hama stood up smiling like nothing happened and asked who wanted more tea. We all stared at her worriedly, understandably. "Don't worry, you'll be completely safe here," she assured us before showing us to our rooms. 

I laid in the bed and though it was warm, I couldn't sleep. I felt uneasy being here, and I couldn't place why. The floorboards creaking and groaning every five seconds isn't helping. 

Something about Hama just makes me nervous...

The next day...

I woke with the sun and stood up to stretch out. My father's dagger was still on my bedside where I left it, and considering the uneasy feeling I had last night, it was no wonder I felt safer when I grabbed it. 

I freshened up and went to the hallway, finding Katara and Hama already there. 

"Good morning," Hama said sweetly and I nodded a good morning back, not fully awake but definitely fully aware. I followed them down to Sokka's room for his wake up call. 

Sokka was laying upside down on his bed, sleeping peacefully. But he wasn't as peaceful when we woke him up. In fact he kept a considerable pout on his face from the inn all the way to the market. But it's such a cute face. 

All of us held different baskets of different foods that we bought as we walked through the town. We walked by a shop keep who was talking about the dangers of traveling during a full moon.

"People disappearing in the woods, weird stuff during full moons, this just reeks of spirit world shenanigans," Sokka said. 

"Do spirits usually attack people so randomly yet methodically?" I asked him and Sokka shrugged. 

"I bet if we take a little walk around town we'll find out what these people did to the environment to make the spirits mad," Aang suggested. We agreed we would do that but Hama told us to take the groceries back to the inn.  

"This a mysterious little town you have here," Sokka said to Hama, and I could tell he was probing. 

"Mysterious town for mysterious children," she replied with a big grin. Creepy, red flag, let's leave. 

We went back to the inn and Sokka voiced his opinion of Hama being strange, and knowing/hiding something. 

"I agree," I mumbled, my hair refusing to stop standing on end like it does whenever I'm in the inn. 

"That's ridiculous, she's a nice woman who took us in and gave us a place to stay. She kind of reminds me of Gran-Gran," Katara said as she put away her groceries. 

"But what did she mean by 'mysterious children'?" Sokka asked and Katara dismissed it as common curiosity about random kids camping in the woods unaccompanied. I hope that's all it is. Too many people have been guessing our identities lately. 

Sokka said he was going to look around, and we all followed him. At least we'll all end up in her murder dungeon together... 

We walked down the hallway and up the stairs, Katara protesting the whole time. Sokka checked doors one by one, looking for something suspicious. I think he found it when he opened a cabinet and sinister looking puppets popped out. 

"Ok that's creepy," I said taking a step back and trying to control my breathing. Katara closed the cabinet. 

"So she's got a hobby. There's nothing weird about that," she said but even she didn't sound fully convinced. Sokka took another staircase up to what seemed like the attic, stopping at a locked door.