Chapter 35 ~The Villian*

Start from the beginning

An orange glow lit up the room and with a flick if the woman's wrist the flames leapt out from her fingertips to the floor of the cave creating a ring of fire between them.

The woman's face made Wendy shrink against the chair she was chained to. Her face was as pale as moonlight. Her hair a raven black. Lips full and a blood red color. It was the eyes that terrified her. They were an unsettling shade of blue. It was different from the wolf's red eyes. Different because the blue did not give her the panic the red eyes had.

The blue eyes chilled her to the bone.

"Ursula-" Wendy managed to force out.

"And the bird! She speaks!" Ursula laughed and Wendy paled.

"What a cute girl you are. So magnificent too. How on earth could you have possibly stayed alive through everything I put you through? I wonder if thats why Pan fixates himself on you. You do amaze us villains..." She mused to herself.

"What do you want with me?" Wendy whispered. She was weak. The room was spinning.

"I should have killed you sooner." Her playful dominator seemed to disappear completely. "Before you gained his heart."

Wendy gripped the chair arms with her fingernails.

"This is about Pan?"

"This has always been about him." And then Wendy recognized the want in her eyes.

"Do you love him?" Wendy asked shocked. Her stomach burned and all she wanted was to scratch Ursula's eyes out.

"Wendy, Wendy. A villain cannot love." She told her as if she was a child learning something for the first time.

"He can." Wendy said in a hard voice. She let the fear drain out of her voice. Ursula narrowed her eyes.

"I know exactly who he is." Wendy almost snarled.

"So you've seen him kill? You've seen him tare apart a whole village of innocent people? I have. And you are breaking him. You are turning him into something he's not. A hero. And if Peter Pan turns into a hero.....you won't live long enough to appreciate it." Somehow the woman's eyes grew bluer.

"So that's it. You think I'm destroying him? His talent? His darkness? The solution is to kill me." Wendy spat.

Ursula chuckled annoyed, "Well if he gets what he wants, a heart, he will spend eternity with his WendyBird. If she were to suddenly be taken out of this world, I think I know Pan well enough to know that the blackest of clouds will engulf us all." She smiled.

Ursula walked through the flame and put a strand of hair behind Wendy's face. Wendy flinched and was now leaving claw marks in the wood of the armrest.

"Kill me then." Wendy whispered. She hoped Ursula wouldn't but then again if she did.....Wendy did not forget the fact that Pan had rejected her. He was no longer her's. Wendy didn't think he ever was.

"What's the fun in that? The Dreamshade will take care of you for me." Ursula let out a sheer laugh and then vanished in a swirling black smoke.

Ursula spoke inside her head.

Suffering is more my style.

~~~~~~~~

Felix sat anxiously in a stool beside the blond beautify before him. The scent of medical herbs burned his nose and were rubbed on every inch of her skin. He had bandaged her shoulder that was much infected. Felix had busied himself doctoring her up until there was nothing to do but let her wake.