.+*.𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳.+*.

Kid's POV

As I flew through the trees, the leaves breezing past me, I landed, my hands dragging across the dirt along with my right knee. I felt moisture on my face and assumed it was blood, but when I touched it... It was another tear. 

"Damn it, when did I become so weak, I couldn't even help her." 

A sting arose from my leg, the typical red substance leaking out from my scrape wound. I balled my fist, my nails grazing against my palm as I overlooked the sensation. Picking myself back up, I raised my hand, a veil of amethyst emerged, my skateboard cropping up beneath it. From there on, I made my way back to her, I had to keep her safe.

Reader's POV

The wailing ran on for what felt like millennia. Pain shot through every inch of my body, over and over again. My back arched as I hovered over the ground, my fingers digging into the earth beneath me. Saliva dripped from my mouth as my overwhelming torment dissipated, I had become completely numb.

Seconds drifted by, that typical scent reaching my nostrils. My lungs took in the delectable smell, hunger sparking up within me. Well... not hunger... but desire. 

Body taking off, I found myself in the trees, eyeing the direction of the smell. It came closer by the minute. I didn't want to hurt him. I found myself banging my fists against the walls of that somber room once again, but just the same as last time, it was useless. Tears fell hard from my eyes within, as did they on the outside, yet my expression remained lifeless, like a lion waiting to pounce on its prey. Like a monster. 

The sounds of jets floated closer and closer, the scent just barely in my reach. Before I knew it, I had Kid pinned down to the ground. He seemed to be grunting in pain from the fall, yet he seemed so determined at the same time, I wonder. Could someone like him really care what happens to a monster like me? 

Just like that, in the nick of time, I became so drowned in the sound of his heartbeat. My vision started to fade in and out of darkness, my whole body felt light. The last thing I felt, was my head thumping onto a hard surface, tough, yet so warm. 

Kid's POV

'What was that look in her eyes... it looked like she was screaming... trying to get out.' 

My hand rested on the back of her head, fingers tangled up in her silky strands of hair. Soon enough, I found my palm stroking her locks, it felt so oddly soothing. The feeling was making my eyelids heavy. It was like a sedative. However, I knew I couldn't give in to my desire to sleep. 

Holding her close to me as I sat up, I once again, summoned Beezlebub. I hoisted her up into my arms, she looked peaceful, like an angel, her s/c skin giving off the purest of glows.  I couldn't quite figure out what I was feeling, it was such a warm feeling, it reminded me of perfect symmetry, but it also reminded me of her. Those fangs. 

'Oh, how symmetrical they were...' 

I stepped onto Beezlebub and made my way back to the village, a calmness filling my whole self. 

Time Skip Brought To You By Kid Fixing Symmetry

No One POV

"Well done kiddos, you have done a good job!" Lord Death spoke, giving the six of them a big thumbs up, "Ok, well you guys are excused to go home!" He waved them off. 

The lot of them thanked him and left.

"You guys go ahead, I need to speak to my dad," Kid requested, nods coming from the others. 

'I wonder what he wants to ask about...' Y/n thought, curiosity getting the best of her. 

Hiding behind one of the gates in the Death Room, Y/n began to eavesdrop on their conversation. 

"Dad, I need answers, and I don't want any avoiding the questions this time," Kid spoke, agitation clear in his voice. 

"Well sure Kiddo, what do ya need?" 

"I need to know what she is, what is Y/n L/n?" 

Her heart skipped a beat, her breathing became shaky along with her body. She trusted Lord Death not to spill her secret, yet she couldn't help but feel the fear. 

"Kiddo, I've told you already, that's for me to know and for you to find out, I am in no position to tell you," 

"How can you tell me about how she's an orphan, yet you cannot tell me what she is, what's the difference?" Kid snapped, his fists were balled, knuckles turning white. 

He was so starved for answers. Curiosity was overflowing from his naive self. 

"That's all I have to say Kiddo, there's nothing more I can tell you about her, you just have to learn it from her, it's her choice to say or not," 

With that, Kid left for the exit. He stopped in his tracks as he saw Y/n sitting behind one of the gates. Eyes widening, his eyebrows began to scrunch, head tilting to the side. Y/n's heart was racing, it felt like it was going to beat out of her chest, she was drowning in embarrassment. Just as she thought it could get worse, Kid held his hand out. Hesitating, she took it, Kid using his strength to pull her up from the ground. 

In complete silence, they both exited the Death Room. Kid still information-starved, and Y/n beat-red with unease. 

"So... I'm sure you heard what I was asking, correct?" Kid spoke, breaking the awkward silence as the door thudded shut behind them. 

Y/n slowly nodded, anxiety filling her as she played with her fingers, her gaze to the floor. 

"Just a matter of curiosity I suppose, just like me..." He muttered before walking away. 

'Yeah, curiosity.'

A/N: Sorry I haven't uploaded in a week, I have not had any motivation whatsoever. As I said in the last chapter, I have things planned for the future chapters, which I will try to get out as soon as I can. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and have a good day/night/afternoon/evening, or just whatever time lol.