.+*.𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱.+*.

Liz's POV

I staggered my way over to the right of the train, almost falling flat on my face. My body still trembled... There's no way that was just wild animal blood, and not knowing the truth, it just terrified me more.

Reader's POV

We all entered the village, Black*Star and Tsubaki at the front, me in the middle, and Kid between Liz and Patty behind me, though I kept feeling a stare from behind me. We walked this way in case of emergency, everyone had their weapon with them, except me, which had earnt me questions such as 'Hey, how come you don't have a weapon, yet you're here anyway?' which I'd learned to shrug off by then. Meeting the entrance, I had a bad feeling about that place, it was evil. 

People we passed held their children close in their arms, others glaring at us. All of those actions were spreading out from one emotion. Fear. They were all terrified, they didn't know who'd be the next sacrifice. 

Stopping in our tracks, a villager ran up to us, hope in his eyes. It almost looked like tears were about to pour out from his eyes, waterfalls of them. Enough to fill oceans. 

"You're the DWMA students right?!" He questioned in his pitiful voice, earning a nod from us in response, "Oh thank G-... Death..." 

He seemed to switch his words in an instant as if he'd lost all faith in the Lord above. 

"Listen, th-there's an angel, he promised he'd abolish our poverty if we sent his a monthly sacrifice... But it's been almost two years, everyone sent to investigate it has... died..." 

"Hmm... Something seems off, I've never heard of an Angel being on Earth before," Kid spoke, his brain in thought. 

"Th-that's right, we all believe it's nothing but a sham, but when we don't send someone... s-something attacks the village." His head turned to the ground, the same fear as everyone else upon his face, trembles throughout his body. "Listen, you can probably learn more from the village head... But just be careful, no one has ever seen his face, there are many suspicions around him." 

Our heads turning to meet each other, we exchanged nods and thanked the villager. We started on our way to meet with the head of the village, stopping to meet with a shack. It was true about the poverty of that village, yet that one seemed to be untouched by the flame and burning that the other buildings had obtained. 

"It's okay guys, I'll handle the speaking," Black*Star spoke, his thumb pointing toward his chest and a cocky grin on his face as he stepped forward to knock on the door. 

"Come inside, I assume you're the DWMA students?" A voice from inside spoke, though suppressed due to the length between us and him. 

Black*Star lowered his hand to the doorknob, opening the door to reveal a dark room, with only a confessional inside.  Each of us stepped inside, Tsubaki after Black*Star, then me, followed by Kid and his weapons. I gagged at the stench in the room, sure I like blood, but the scent of rotten corpses?

"Welcome, I'm sure you'll do a great job with our village's problem, I assume you're aware of what's happened?" 

"You are correct," Kid spoke, his fingers pinching his nose, just like the rest of us. 

"Is something the matter dear children, you seem... well... disgusted, no, revolted?" 

"N-no, nothing is wrong, I assure you," I spouted, my body ready to throw up my last meal. 

"Well, if that's so, then the Angel is said to be located at the top of the hill to the right of this shack, though no one has had the courage to adventure up there, be careful, and I thank you for your aid," 

Leaving the shack, we all panted, breathing in the fresh air after what felt like years. 

"W-what was that horrid smell!?" Tsubaki gasped, her fist to her mouth as if she were about to throw up. 

"Rotting corpses." My voice sounded my words almost without emotion. 

Everyone's gaze averted to me, they looked concerned. They looked at me as if I was a monster, that I'd witnessed the smell before... for the worst of reasons. 

"N-nevermind, let's head to the hill, keep your guard up though, I have a bad feeling about that guy," 

Time Skip To The Top Of The Hill

"Why did that hill have to be so steep!" An exhausted Liz groaned, "I'm gonna have no energy to fight whatever the hell is in that building," 

An odor, much stronger than the one in the Head's shack, seeped into my nostrils. Tears formed in the corners of my eyes as I lent on a tree, one hand over my mouth as I struggled against the vomit rising up my throat. That was until my nose caught a familiar smell. It reminded me of my mum's home cooking. The sweet smell of human blood. 

I picked myself up, my mind in a daze, so attracted to the scent of blood that my hunger lusted for. My leg lifted up, the door blasted open, hinges disconnecting from the door itself. 

"Y/n WAIT, you don't know what could be in there!" Kid shouted from before the cabin. 

I pushed forward, the scent pulling me toward it. 

"Damn it, Liz, Patty, transform!" 

"Right!" The girls said in unison, a pink glow sparking up as they transformed into a pair of silver pistols, landing symmetrically into Kid's hands. 

"Tsubaki, transform!"

In the form of two scythes joined at a chain, Tsubaki landed in Black*Stars hands, her face appearing in the reflection of one of the blades. 

"Right, let's go," Kid stated, his twin pistols at the ready. 

Meanwhile, the stench of rotting corpses invaded my senses as I fell on my knees ahead of at least 5 bodies, the majority of them dead, hanging from the roof via their wrists that were tied by a thick rope. My eyes were wide, the lids of them twitching as the warmth of tears filled my sockets, my breaths destabilizing, the memories of how my family died storming into my brain. 

Before I knew it, my feelings had gotten strong, and I screamed out, the tears pouring down my cheeks, my fingers gripping onto the top of my skull. 

"WHYYY!?"