.+*.𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯.+*.

Kid's POV

'Just who are you Y/n L/n?' I thought as I left the room, my eyebrows scrunching with curiosity, 'Well I know one thing, I'll be paying Dad a visit.'

Beginning my journey to the death room, the same question would not get out of my head, I seriously needed to get answers, and quick. 

"Hello, Dad," I spoke, standing before the grim reaper himself as he stared intentively into his mirror. 

"Heya, Hiya, Wazzup, Wazzup, Wazzup Kiddo," Lord Death greeted, his fingers bent down in the position of a peace sign.

"You see, I need some information on a certain student, there are some things that are bugging me and I need answers."

"Ah, so you're trying to fuel your hunger for information again, just like with the Kishin Asura, now who would this student be?" 

"Y/n, Y/n L/n, I need you to tell me everything you know about her,"

"I see, hmm, well, to start off, she's orphaned after the death of her family, excluding her father who left when she was young, I think that's right about it,"

"There's something you're not telling me Dad," My hair was covering my eyes at this point, my fists were scrunched, I longed for the answers I sought out, "She's not exactly human, is she?" My eyes looked up at him. 

"Well, yah see Kiddo, that's for me to know," He tapped his head, before pointing a finger toward me, "And for you to find out," 

I cursed under my breath and thanked my Dad for what he told me, not that I was completely satisfied, it really was the same as the time around the raising of the Kishin, he kept leaving the full truth out.

Time Skip To The Next Week, Brought To You By Spirit And 'Sweet Little Baby Bloomers'

Reader's POV

Late that night I was released from the infirmary once Naigus had checked that I was okay, the whole way home I kept thinking back to that moment. That moment that felt like time had stopped, the moment where all I could focus on was the beating of his heart. And that is also what I thought about all through the night, all through the next night, and the next, all the way into the upcoming week. I'd lay there, restless, fighting a battle against my own brain, trying to force it to clear off so I could sleep. But it was hopeless.

 The next week in class, I was asleep once again, my brain trying to store all the information from Stein's lesson so I'd at least get passing grades. It'd been quite a while since I'd last slept, and my body fell deeper and deeper into a resting state, my brain failing to gather learning resources. 

"Y/n," 

I felt someone's hands on my arm, gently shaking me into a state of consciousness. I fought against the weight of my eyelids and opened my eyes, meeting with those same pools of gold. My brain started to replay the sound of his heartbeat, over, and over. I became so soothed that I fell straight forward into Kid. My head was laying peacefully among his chest, my ear right up against his heart, the symphonies playing into my head, I could've sworn I almost fell asleep, right there and then. That was until I heard people giggling. 

"Wow, Kid I think she thinks you're a pillow," Liz snickered from beside Kid. 

Adrenaline pumped through my veins, the speed at which it spread increasing each second. I sprung back from Kid, my face fifty shades of red. 

"Sh-shit, I'm s-sorry... Your h-h..." I stuttered through my hands that cupped my face in both shock and embarrassment. 

"My what?" Kid spoke, a light pink gently dusting his fair skin. 

"N-nevermind," 

"Okay, well apparently, as an order from my Dad, we have to go on a mission, along with Liz, Patty, Black*Star, and Tsubaki, pack up your things,"