.+*.𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮.+*.

Reader's POV

"Y/n, is that you screaming?" 

The scent was practically at my feet. My legs took off as I pounced toward the source of the scent. Death The Kid himself, yet this type of blood he had, it was making me crazier than I normally am. Normal blood I can handle myself around... But he was special, or more so his blood was special. Type S blood, the rarest blood in the multiverse, so very few beings on this planet had it, that's why it was making me rip out my hair.

I pulled myself to a halt, my speed pulling a breeze from behind me, disturbing the symmetry that rested upon Kid's head, rearranging the positions of his hairs. My crimson orbs rested upon his neck. I could hear the blood pumping through his veins, I wanted it. But I was distracted... by something so insignificant. The beating of his heart. Pulse after pulse, my form began to back away into a cage, where it was locked away for the time being. 

My knees gave in as I collapsed, my waist being caught in a pair of hands. His rings met with the fragment of skin that peaked out of my untucked shirt, shivers going down my spine.

Kid's POV

"Kid, would you please go check on her, I have a feeling she isn't going for a visit to Naigus," Professor Stein requested.

Finally, out of my daze from that most magnificent symmetry, I stood to my feet and exited the classroom. Closing the door behind me, I heard someone shrieking in what seemed to be... pain.
I made my way toward the source of the sound, each step closer the volume of it raising. 

"Y/n, is that you screaming?" I asked the person, to my surprise, it was her, but not how she was back in the classroom. 

My heart jumped as she sped toward me, a gust of wind brushing past my face as I inhaled what seemed to be her scent. Before I knew it, she'd collapsed into my clutch. 

"So, tell me the truth, you're not entirely human are you?" 

Reader's POV

I began to tremble, the contents of my reoccurring nightmare spilling out in my head. 

"N-no, I-I'm not... I'm a monster." I whispered out, tears forming at the corners of my eyes. 

"But you stopped yourself, if you were a monster, one of us would be dead right now, am I wrong?"

"I-... I guess." 

The rest of what energy I had left depleted, my head dropping onto Kid's shoulder. 

"Damn it." I just barely sounded out as I lost my consciousness. 

Kid's POV

I felt her head slam onto my shoulder as she just about whispered two words, 'Damn it'. I let out a tiny chuckle as I scooped her up into my arms as I gazed upon the rise and fall of her chest, her hair waving in the gentle breeze, wondering how she could look so peaceful when just a minute ago...

Snapping out of my thoughts I carried her up to the infirmary to leave her in Naigus' care. 

'Just who are you Y/n L/n?' I thought as I left the room, my eyebrows scrunching with curiosity.