Snow Day [☁️]

"Pierre? Hi, it's Harvey." You heard your husband's voice softly trickle into the bedroom, waking you up. "Yes, everything's fine. I was wondering if I could convince you to go put a sign on the clinic's door." He must be on the phone in your living room. You stayed tucked in bed, sleepily listening to his conversation. "Yeah, the road into town is pretty icy with all of the snow. If you could just put something up that say's we're closed and has the phone number to the farm, that would be amazing." Harvey rattled off your phone number before saying goodbye. You heard his footsteps grow closer as he walked back into the bedroom, still in his pajamas.

"Good morning, honey." You mumbled as you stretched your back, still lying in your bed.

Harvey quickly walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. "Good morning." He leaned down and kissed your head. "Did I wake you up, darling?" He gently moved a piece of hair out of your face.

"It's okay." You mumbled.

"I'm so sorry. I had to make a quick call out to Pierre." He whispered before crawling back into bed. "Let me make it up to you." He laid down on his back before reaching over and pulling you all the way into him, so you were cuddled into the side of him, your head on his chest. He gently wrapped his arms around you and kissed the top of your head. "Now, let's go back to sleep."

"It's so cold out." You mumbled as you melted into your warm husband.

"I know baby, let's get warm." He adjusted the blankets around you. "Goodnight. I love you." He kissed the top of your head again.

"Goodnight." You whispered back even though it was morning. "I love you, too."

You woke a couple of hours later in your husband's arms, propped up against his chest. He had evidently sat up and pulled you against him while you were sleeping. He had turned on the TV and was watching the news and weather forecast.

"It looks like it's going to keep snowing." He kissed your head after he noticed you had woken up. "Don't worry, I fed the animals while you were sleeping. We can just stay in today."

"Mmm, that sounds great." You agreed, still waking up. "I take it you're not going into the clinic?"

"No, I checked the roads this morning. It's nasty out." He laughed. "I'm only going in if there's an emergency at this point."

You leaned up and kissed your husband. "Good, that means I get you all to myself today."

"Of course. We can do whatever you want." He smiled as he ran a hand through your hair, before swooping it down to cup your chin. "I'm all yours." Your stomach fluttered as he gently kissed you. 

Before you could respond, your orange and white cat, Pickles, hopped onto the bed and into your lap, covered in snow. "Pickles!" You squealed as your pet dusted you with the cold fluff. "How did you get outside?"

"That one's on me." Harvey laughed as he helped you brush off the remaining clumps of snow. "He got out when I went to take care of the animals this morning." Your husband grabbed the cat and set him off the bed. "I'll go dry him off."

Your husband took Pickles into the bathroom to towel him off while you headed into the kitchen. You quickly made up a stack of pancakes for you and your husband. The two of you ate breakfast and headed over to the couch to rest and relax. You turned on the television and cuddled up with your husband as he skimmed through some medical journals, which were his choice for entertainment. 

You were watching your favorite show when you noticed Harvey had set down the magazine and was staring longingly outside the window. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing." He reassured you as he picked up his magazine again. "I just never played with snow as a kid." Harvey shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly as he tried to find his page again. "I guess I was just mourning a memory I never had."