Chapter Thirteen.

*Jack’s Pov*

        “Jack Gilinsky.” I heard my name being called as I got up and walked up to the stage. I shook my principal’s hand and then accepted my diploma as I walked to the podium. I shook with nervousness as I looked out into the crowd and began to talk.

        “Throughout my year here, I’ve learned, I’ve made mistakes, I’ve met people and I’ve grown. Because of this school I met someone who changed me. This person made me better, they fixed me and they taught me what beauty, love and affection was. I am in love with the most beautiful human who has ever lived and I have great honor to say that I got to be with this beautiful girl for 8 and a half wonderful months. I know what all of you are thinking, why is this guy talking about some girl at his graduation? Well, let me make this clear. This girl, is not just ‘some girl’. No, she’s absolutely the most gorgeous, perfect, classy, amazing woman who I have ever come across. I don’t know if things will work out, I think I may have lost her. But, this school, this girl, has taught me to fight like hell. I have never loved a singular human being so goddamn much, and I screwed it up. To everyone out there, do not give up and fight like hell.” I took a deep breath and look up and into Ariana’s eyes. “And baby, I’m never giving up.”

                                                                        *Ariana’s Pov*

        I could not believe what he was doing. Talking about me up there like I’m some heartbreaker? He cheated on me. He walked off the stage and I waited patiently until my name was called.

        “Ariana James.” I felt nervous, this is it. Done with all those years, tests, projects, drama and boys. I shakily walked up the stage and shook the principal’s hand as I walked to the podium.

        “I’ve waited for this moment my entire life. Starting when I was 13 I would dream about high school and college. Well, here I am and I’m scared as hell,” I say as the audience laughs and I continue on. “My four years at this high school has been very interesting. I’ve gained friends, lost friends, made memories, experienced my first love and so much more. This year alone I experienced heartbreak I had never known, my very best friend, Shawn Mendes, passed away.” Everyone grew silent as I continued on. “Shawn and I dreamed of this, we were going to go to the same college, we were gonna grow old together... and now we can’t.” I felt a tear slip down my cheek as I saw Mrs. Mendes in the back of the auditorium as she nodded to me, thanking me. “Not only was that the worst thing that has ever happened to me, but also within this year I had met who I thought was the love of my life only to be cheated on by him.” I looked into the crowd as locked eyes with Jack as I watched a tear slip down his face as I felt one coming down mine. I wiped my tears quickly and continued on. “Those were the hardest two things I’ve probably had to deal with in my entire life to be quite honest. Although, the support this school showed for Shawn and the love people gave me when they heard about my boyfriend and was incredible. People always talk about how high school was hell and they hated it, but I don’t see it like that. High school was one of the best things I’ve ever experienced and I cannot thank the people here enough. I appreciate it and I know Shawn would.” I smiled as everyone began to clap but it quickly faded as I watched Jack storm out so I quickly hopped off the stage and hurried out the door to find him. I finally spotted him and ran to him and crouched down next to him.

        “How could you!” Jack screamed at me as tears streamed down his face and I felt anger bubble up inside of me.

        “How could I? How could you?” I began to cry at a steady pace as Jack shook his head and sobbed more.

        “Don’t you get it? I can’t live without you! The only thing keeping me alive right now is the fact that there’s the tiniest chance I can get you back. You are my everything and I can’t live a life where you’re not there, it’s that simple. I’m so damn in love with you and I regret that kiss more than anything and I’m so goddamn sorry and I wish I could take it back but I can’t! I’m sorry, Ari! I’m so damn sorry for ever coming into your life! Is that what you want? I give up, I’ll let you go.” Jack was screaming as I sobbed at his words and became shocked at his last ones. I gasped and began to cry more. Jack stood up and began to walk away but then stopped and looked back at me.

        “You got what you wanted.”