Chapter One

I laugh as I shut my locker. I smile looking at my best friends, Shawn, Addison, Nash, Reese and Matthew. It’s been the six of us for as long as I can remember, people would always say we’d end up with each other, married and having kids. ‘Addison and Nash are definitely going to end up together’. That was a constant one. Addison and Nash have liked each other since the sixth grade, we’re Seniors now. Finally, Nash asked her out two summers ago and they’ve been together since. The same goes for Shawn and I and Reese and Matthew. ‘Ariana and Shawn are perfect for each other, they need to get together!’ Everyone says that one. I’ve liked Shawn on and off. He was a cutie and he’s always been super sweet, but we just aren’t meant for each other. We’re best friends though, definitely best friends. Reese and Matthew are made for each other, they’re both sweethearts but they’re always up for an adventure. Matthew tries to deny it but he’s always been into Reese, we’re still working on them.

        “Will you please come, Nash?” Addison begged talking about the football game this Friday. Nash shrugged.

        “You really wanna go?” Nash says as Addison gives him puppy eyes and he smiles and kisses her nose.

        “Fine, only for you.” He says as she blushes.

        “Just how I like it!” She says promptly as we all laugh and start walking to lunch. We sit at our table as I notice the whole lunch room is whispering about something.

        “Guys,” I say as everyone looks up at me. “What’s going on? Why is everyone whispering?” I say as the boys look around.

        “Don’t worry Ariana, they aren’t whispering about you.” Reese snickers as I roll my eyes.

        “Oh shut up, and you’re right. They’re probably whispering about how you were totally flirting with Anthony McCormick during Science today.” I smirk as she gives me a death glare as I saw Matthew’s eyes fill with jealousy.

        “Truce?” She says as I nod.

        “Truce.” We smile and get back to eating. “But seriously, what are they talking about?” I say as Reese thinks for a minute.

        “Apparently two really hot guys are moving here like, today.” Addison says not even looking up from her phone. She then looks up to Nash. “I bet they’re nothing compared to you.” She says smiling as Nash smiles and they kiss. Ugh, couples.

        “I bet they’re not even that good looking.” Shawn says with a pout. I smile and kiss his cheek.

        “I bet they are.” I say as Shawn’s face turns red. I laugh as does everyone else. “Kidding.” I whisper in Shawn’s ear as he smiles and goes back to his normal face coloring. Suddenly, we hear the doors open with a bang. We all look up as I see the most attractive two guys I had ever seen. The lunch room grew silent as they stood there, every girl in awe and every boy red faced in envy. They both glance around the lunch room as the one with darker hair looks at me and smirks. I blush and look down. Suddenly, we hear the bell and we all are forced to get going. I grabbed my books and threw out the rest of my lunch as I walked into my Spanish classroom as I waved goodbye to Shawn, Addison and Nash who were going to gym. I walk into the classroom and see the dark haired boy sitting in the seat right next to mine. I sigh and take my seat. I feel the boy stare at me as I turn to him.

        “Could you not stare at me?” I say kind of harshly. He just smirks and looks me up in down as I scoff in disgust.

        “What’s your name, beautiful?” I couldn’t help but blush at his words.

        “Ariana, Ariana James.” I say looking at him, inspecting his gorgeous features. He smiles flashing a beautiful smile. “What’s yours?” I say as he looks at me and smiles.

        “Jack Gilinsky, otherwise known as your future boyfriend.”