Chapter 30 | Lying Low - Part 2

Friday, November 3rd
1:08 PM

"Pretend to escape and disappear."

"Don't worry. Everything will definitely work out." Ray assured his two friends.

"Norman...!"

-Flashback-

"This is the new rope." Gilda said as she handed it to Norman.

"I'm sorry this is all we can do to help you!" Don said.

-Flashback End-

Thank you, Don and Gilda.

Norman was running through the woods as fast as he could. He was trying to reach the wall as fast as he could. He jumped over the fence and continued running towards the wall, the back of the new ropes clutched tightly into his hand. Once he reached the concrete wall he found a tree that was closest and climbed it.

-Flashback-

"Look Norman! The trees are taller than the wall! Perhaps it's so that the wall would be "hidden" to us by the trees. Works perfectly for us." Emma said.

-Flashback End-

He took the rope out of the bag and tied it to a sturdy branch before making his way back down. Once he reached the ground he tugged the rope a couple of times, making sure it could handle his weight.

With this, we'll be able to climb. First you've got to... Make your way up!!

Norman began running and ran across the wall. He threw himself over the edge when he got close enough to the top. He quickly got up and scrambled towards the other side of the wall. Once he got there he froze in place and just stared.

***

Back at the house all of the kids had gathered around Isabella in a panic. Isabella was confused as to what was happening while Emma, (Y/n), Maiko, Ray, Don and Gilda stood off to the side.

"Huh?" Lani said.

"What's up?" Thoma asked him.

"He's not here... Norman's not here!"

"It's no use. The signal should be completely gone by now." Ray thought as he glanced at Isabella.

"Mama is convinced that Norman wouldn't run away because I have a broken leg. But Norman...won't be returning!" Emma though, a smile tugged on her lips.a smile

"Wait till you see the "evidence" to experience what true panic feels like." Ray thought as he held his book under his arm.

Isabella turned towards the children.

"Everyone, go back inside for now." She said.

All of the kids did as they were told and walked into the house.

"Search all you want. You'll never find Norman." Maiko thought, a small smirk on her lips.