Chapter 16 | The Secret Room and William Minerva

"There's a secret room... In this house?"

The seven eldest children of the Grace Field House were inside one of the rooms. A sketch book in front of them on the bed and they all looked down at it, Emma held a red pen.

"That's right. And its location... Is right next to Mama's room." (Y/N) circled the area on the small diagram in the sketch book.

"Mama's room has a washroom right next to it, and her office is next to that. But our theory...is that this area in between isn't a mere wall." Maiko said and pointed at the different areas as she listed them off.

"I noticed recently...that every time, right before Mama disappears she always enters either the washroom or her office." Gilda tells them.

"And so we decided to put the theory to the test and measure the distances of both the walls inside and outside the rooms." Emma says.

"Oh, that!" Norman thought as she remembered seeing Emma walking across the hallway counting her steps.

"And the results?" Don asked.

"They're completely different. There's some sort of space worth about 10 steps of mine in there. One side of that space is a wall...and one side is a bookshelf... But I think there's some sort of hidden entrance to get inside the space from both sides. Inside...will be Mama's secret room." Emma explained.

"...But what is it even for?" Don asked.

"Well that'd probably be-"

"For her to make reports." Ray cut Maiko off.

"I was going to say that..." Maiko grumbled under her breath.

"Mama reports in to the HQ on a daily basis. That's probably what the room is for." Ray said.

"So we were right!" Emma and (Y/N) thought in unison.

"H... Q?" Don questioned.

"The "Headquarters" that send in both people like Sister Krone, and our baby siblings." Norman explains.

"Wha..."

"Ray...did you already know...that this room existed here?" Emma asked, she held up the sketch book and pointed at the area (Y/N) circled a few minutes earlier.

"Nope. But I have been suspecting that there's gotta be a room like that somewhere in this house." Ray replied.

"Let's go then! It's where she communicates with the "outside world"! If we investigate the room... We might even find some information on the whereabouts of Conny and the others!" Don exclaimed.

"But what about the key? It's a secret room, so she must have locked it!" Gilda pointed out.

"Could you break in, Norman?" (Y/N) asked the boy.

"I mean, it depends on the type of lock..." Norman trailed off.

"Woah, hold up. There's no need to do something like that!" Ray told them.

"Why not?" Maiko asked.

"Because, it may have a communication device, but it probably connects to only the headquarters anyway. Mama has no idea where our siblings have been taken to. There isn't much information to gain from this investigation. On the other hand, if we try to break in anyway, there's too much risk. Remember that we've got trackers embedded in our bodies. On top of that, we don't know what the situation with the security of this secret room is. It's way too dangerous for us to attempt without a good reason." Ray explains.