Chapter 20 | "Teaming Up"

"For now we have to watch out especially for Sister Krone."

"We're screwed if Sister Krone finds us out."

"I've seen it all."

The six tensed up at her words. Sister Krone then put her arms behind her back and said...

"Would you like to team up?"

"Huh?"

"Teaming up...with Sister Krone? What is she talking about? Isn't her aim to catch us in the act and immediately ship us out...?" (Y/N) wondered.

"Something's up. There's no way she's serious." Maiko thought.

"I see how it is." Norman smiled. "Stay calm, guys. We'll be okay. Let's listen to what she has to say."

The five stared in shock at Norman's words.

"This kid..."

Sister Krone smiled.

"Exactly. All I'm asking is for us to join forces in order to help each other achieve our goals."

"Achieve...our goals?" Maiko asked.

"That's right. Your goal is to "escape"." She pointed at them. "Mine is to "become the Mama of this house"." She pointed at herself. "My ultimate wish is to drag Isabella out of her position and snatch it for myself."

"Her "position"...?" Don questioned.

"Just to make sure you all know, I'm telling nothing but the truth right now. In essence, my goal is also to escape..." She unbuttoned her collar and moved it aside to show them the numbers tattooed on her neck. "from my current position."

They all looked at the numbers in shock.

"Do you all know how the rules of this system are organized? Girls who successfully clear a certain set of requirements and end up living here until they are 12 are given 2 options to choose from. One is to be killed, and the other is to work towards becoming a Mama." She tells them.

"Girls...?" (Y/N) wondered.

"What are the requirements?" Don asked.

"Satisfactory grades...and a recommendation from their very own Mamas. As long as you manage to pass both of these hurdles, you will always be guaranteed an option for survival...though this only applies to girls. But honestly, I wouldn't recommend anybody to take that path..." She trailed off and unbuttoned her dress a bit to show a small scar on her collarbone. "because they will modify your body so that it'll become physically impossible for you to leave your designated areas. You all are still capable of doing that." She buttons her dress back up again.

"What...are you talking about?" Emma tilted her head.

"A microchip. We adults have a small device embedded in our bodies. It's programmed to send an electric shock that'll stop our hearts if we take even a single step outside of our grounds. At the same time, this thing is also programmed to send an alert to our higher-ups if our heart ever happens to stop on its own for varying reasons." Sister Krone tells them.