12

Beep. Beep. Beep. The consistent noise echoed through my ears. My eyelids felt too heavy, leaving me in pitch black. I could hear voices and footsteps rushing in the distance. My lips parted, trying to say something, anything. But nothing came out. My whole body felt numb.

I'm not sure if it was days, hours or minutes that had passed. I was locked into my own body. My brain being held hostage by non-responsive limbs. I tried so hard just to move my finger tips in the slightest, slipping in and out of consciousness as I did so. The most difficult thing was that I could hear everything around me, but I was struggling to tell the difference between reality and imagination. Sometimes I would hear Mabel arguing with Max. Chris would be by my side, whispering sweet things. Alex would be making jokes.

But when I did open my eyes, I saw no one. The hospital room was completely empty. They were probably just getting coffee and they would be right in, or maybe they were using the toilet. I pressed down on the big red button, alerting someone that I was awake. A doctor wearing a stern expression to match with his crisp scrubs entered the room, glaring down at the clipboard in his hands. "How are you feeling Miss Jacobs?" he asked, not breaking eye contact with the paper.

"Fine, where is everyone?" I asked, "What happened?"

"You hit your head pretty hard Miss Jacobs, you have a severe concussion but I'm confident that your going to fully recover. As for everyone, one man came in with you but no one else has" he shrugged before taking the stethoscope off his neck and began to examine me. "You may notice a nasty headache in a couple hours once the pain medication has worn off but if you just press that red button a nurse will come in and give you some more."

"How's she doing doc?" I hear from the doorway, I craned my neck round to see who it was. Max was stood in the doorway, looking concerned.

"She's gonna be just fine" he smiled before leaving to give us some privacy.

"Hi, you were out for a while" Max chuckled, taking a seat beside the bed and holding my hand.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, looking at the door expecting Mabel and Alex to walk in at any moment. Max gave me a look of confusion before realising what I meant.

"They didn't come, I called Mabel and Alex and tried to get them to visit but they said they didn't want to" he shrugged, "I'm sorry baby" he pressed a kiss to the palm of my hand as my heart sunk. My best friends didn't want to visit my in hospital.

"I never thought they were good friends to you" Max confessed, "They always treated you badly and only thought of themselves". As he was listing all the reasons they were bad friends, I began to feel anger surge through me.

"I don't want to see them again" I told him and he smiled.

"Good, you always have me" he pressed another kiss to my palm. "That's all you need"

~sorry for the short chapter ladies and gents x~