45- 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑

Start from the beginning

How the hell did this person know this and now that Alvarez was gone who was running it?

Before I can investigate further I hear Liam finally head down the stairs and I decide I'll worry About this shit later. I don't need him worrying about it either.

He emerges down the stairs and I realize why he took so long. My breath is literally gone.

His nails are freshly coated in black pain his chains hang on his black jeans and the graphic shirt he's wearing makes his arm muscles very apparent, but that's not even the best part. He dyed part of his now mid-length hair a grey-ish blonde color and tied some of it up in a ponytail.

 He dyed part of his now mid-length hair a grey-ish blonde color and tied some of it up in a ponytail

Liam's hair

The fact that he looked good was an understatement.

He hops off the last step and heads towards me and I make sure my face is blank trying not to give away the fact that I was just practically eyefucking him.

"notice anything new", he says with a cocky smirk.

"No, well other than the fact that your hair is already greying back there", I say with amusement laced in my voice.

"Really Scarlette?", he says rolling his eyes.

"You can't just regularly compliment your hot bestfriend for once in your miserable life", he says stalking towards me.

He wraps his arms around my neck and snuggles his head in my neck causing immense butterflies to appear in my stomach.

I can't let this happen.

I try and discreetly shove him off and pretend I don't notice the frown now evident on his face.

"Shut up you've probably caused us to be late let's go", I say quickly grabbing the keys nervously.

  It had been kinda awkward with Liam at times since I obviously didn't want to address the elephant in the room.

we kissed and I confessed.

I regret it though.

I don't think I was ready to be vulnerable again, love makes you vulnerable and when you're vulnerable you get hurt. The day my brothers came and tried to make amends just reopened all my previous wounds.

The truth is I'm afraid of getting hurt again. That's why I've been avoiding intimate contact with him no matter how many times he's tried in these past weeks and recently he's finally begun to notice.

As I try and step out the front door I suddenly feel Liam grab my wrist.

"Scarlette we need to talk", he says and by that tone, I have an idea of what it could be about.

but before I can respond I hear quick footsteps and see Jadelyn approaching.

"HEY BESTIE READY TO TAKEOVER HILTON HIGH", Jadelyn says dramatically interrupting the tense atmosphere.