"Something's definitely dead down here." Someone says behind me but I'm too focused to concentrate on who said it. As we walk further into the darkness, our flashlight's only illuminating the small area it's pointed in, an uneasy feeling comes over me. I can't explain it, but I knew something bad was about to happen.

"Everyone stop." I whisper as I come to a halt. Spencer bumps into the back of me and everyone else behind her does the same.

"Why have we stopped?" I deep voice, maybe Arthur or Tim asks.

"Something's not right." I say and shake my head. Pointing my flashlight in every direction.

"What is it, Ash?" Spencer whispers behind me.

"I don't know." I reply, still shining my light around. "We need to get these lights turned on now." I tell her, trying to keep my voice level. "Let's go." I say moving forward again, this time at a quicker pace. A few left's and right's later we're at the generator room. "Spencer shine the light on this handle." I say getting my tools out of my pocket to pick the lock. Like the basement door it takes me no time at all. Once everyone is inside the door closes behind us.

"How do we turn them on?" Aiden asks. I shine the light on him then shine my light to a power switch on the wall that says 'on.' "Oh." He says then smiles and goes over to flip the switch. The generators make a loud sound as they begin to power on.

"Hit the light switch on the wall over there." I shine my light to a switch on the wall. Glen starts to make his way over to it.

"I guess the basement wasn't overrun after all." Glen says as he flips the switch. Immediately, we notice two things. One we're surrounded, this room is smack dab in the middle of the basement and there are zombies at every single window. And two, it's probably been months since any of them have eaten so they look extra hungry.

"How are we gonna get outta here?" Carmen asks with wide eyes, turning back to me. The zombies are banging on the glass and it won't be long before they gain access. We need to figure something out and fast.

"Ashley!" Aiden shouts when I don't answer.

"Give me a second!" I shout back. Racking my brain for something, anything that would help us out of this situation. There's only one solution.

"We've gotta fight our way out." Spencer answers for me.

"There's too many." Arthur says looking around.

"There's no other way out." I speak up. "We have to."

"This is insane, someone's gonna die trying to fight through a herd this size." Glen says.

"We're gonna have to kill them all."

"What!?" Carmen questions.

"The only way to keep these generators running is to put gas in them, there's no way we can do that if every time we need to come down here we have to fight off a herd of zombies." I try to explain.

"These aren't gas generators, Ashley." Angel says bending down next to one. "That's a propane tank." She points to a big tank in the corner.

"How many days does that give us?" Tim asks.

"I don't know." I shrug and shake my head. Think Ashley think. "Um...they have a life expectancy of about five hundred hours maybe, but add in the size of the building and other factors maybe ten days. But we've have to go around this whole building again and make sure every single light and everything else is unplugged. Anything that can generate power has to be off." I tell him and he nods.

"We're gonna fight our way through these zombies..." Tim starts and everyone opens their mouths to protest but he cuts them off. "We're gonna just kill as many as we need to so we can get out of here, then we're gonna barricade that basement door. Nothing should be able to get out. But first we need to make it out of her alive. Everyone got that?" Tim says to the group and even though no one wants to, everyone agrees anyway.