Going Back To Where It All Began

"I've decided to never get shot again." Spencer says as she sits up in the passenger seat. We're on our way back to Vegas. We've been driving for about twelve hours now after spending over a week scavenging for pretty much anything we could find. We're divided among three vehicles. Glen, Spencer, Aiden, Kyla and Angel are riding with me. Carmen, Jo, Jayden, Jessica and Francisco are in Tim's car. And Spencer's parent's and Jackie are in the last vehicle. They're carrying most of the scavenged goods since there's hardly anyone in their van.

"So you were trying to get shot this time?" I turn to my girlfriend and question her with a raised brow.

"Eyes on the road Romeo." My sister says behind me and I can't help but roll my eyes at her. Kyla usually isn't this abrasive. It's like ever since Spencer came into my life she's been extra...bitchy.

Maybe she thinks she's losing me or something, I'm not sure but she's gonna have to learn to love Spencer cause when this is all over and things go back to normal...I know Spencer is the girl I wanna spend the rest of my life with.

"I wasn't trying to get shot per se." She says glancing at me. I turn and give her a confused look. "I've never been shot and I've always wondered what it would be like to get shot, and now that I know... I've decided that I don't like it." She finishes her sentence by placing a hand over her wound.

"Aw." I say and reach out to take her hand in mine. "You're crazy, you know that right?" I ask and she smiles.

"She knows." Her brother shouts from the back seat.

"Shut up and make out with your boyfriend!" Spencer turns around and abruptly yells to her brother. Kyla, Angel and I, all giggle.

"You have anger management issues." Her brother replies.

"I'm working on it!" She shouts angrily but doesn't turn and face him.

I turn and smile at her, "You don't have issues baby." I say shaking my head.

"Lies." Kyla says from the middle seat. Spencer chuckles and nods.

"How much longer until we stop?" Aiden whines from the backseat. "I'm starving."

"There's a bag of chips on the floor back there." I tell him.

"I want foooooood." He whines. I shake my head and chuckle.

"You know for you to be so buff, you sure do act like a girl." Angel says to him and everyone, including Glen, bursts into laughter.

"Well..." Aiden says, tilting his head and sticking out his tongue. I watch the entire scene from the rear view mirror.

"I could use a break from riding." Spencer says from beside me.

"Okay." I nod and put on my blinkers to the right to let the other cars behind me know I'm pulling over.

"Oh, so when Spencer says it...it's alllllllll good then huh? Just do whatever she says do we?" Aiden says and I chuckle at him.

"Yup." I say simply and get out of the car as the other two pull up behind us.

"Why are we stopping?" Tim asks, getting out his van.

"The kids need a break." I say with a smile.

"Ah." He says and nods. "Half an hour." He says and gets back in his van. I've grown quite fond of Tim, he's nice and a really great leader. And he's the only one that didn't ask me a billion questions after I explained the whole 'my blood is kinda the cure' situation. My sister is included in those people.

To be fair to Kyla, she had no idea what was going on all those years. Why I was always the one taken to 'bring your daughter to work day.' She didn't know so I really shouldn't have expected anything less than a ton of questions. I honestly expected anger, or disbelief...something along those lines. But after the initial shock set in she was totally back to her bitchy old...well newly bitchy self. It's been just us two for so long that I don't think she really appreciates the fact that I've fallen for and given my heart to almost a complete stranger.