Chapter 22

OLIVIA'S POV

Of course this stupid day doesn't want to come to an end. Work keeps piling up and the meetings don't want to come to an end. I could even sense Ashley's tiredness. It's pretty normal for us to be this busy around Christmas so we can round up with all projects before the New Year.

"Alexa what's the time?" I asked.

'3:09PM'

I sighed. Two more hours before I get out of here. I set aside the distraction and focused on making more millions and in no time, it was time for me to go home. I smiled, feeling accomplished for completing my work. I packed my stuff and headed out.

When I got home, I immediately went into the bathroom to soak with a glass of wine by the side. I wanted to be all cleaned up and calm by the time Ace gets here.

"Home girl, what's the time?" I asked.

'6:38PM'

Time to get out. I picked out a white dress that didn't stick to my body and  had a long slit by the side. No need to over dress for a dinner at home. Nah, too mediocre for Ace. I changed my mind and settled for a short white bodycon. Is this too much? Shit! I don't even know what to wear to a dinner in my own house.

I heard the doorbell which only meant Ace was here. Great! I shook my head and grabbed a white mini halter dress. This should do. I paired it with white high slippers and spritz my signature perfume.

 I paired it with white high slippers and spritz my signature perfume

I tied my hair in my usual neat and tight bun and walked downstairs.

There he was, standing so tall and handsome with roses in one hand and a plastic bag in the other. "Hi Olivia." He greeted with a smile.

I smiled back at him and he walked ahead and placed his lips on my forehead just like the last time.

"Here, 16 roses for the 16 days I've known you." He said, extending the roses to me.

I smiled and inhaled the nice fresh smell. It was the sweetest thing he ever said to me and it really melted my heart. "Thanks Ace and welcome." I said and turned over to Gloria who stood a few feet away from me. "Help me put this in a vase." I told her, then carefully handed the roses to her.

Ace eyed me from head to toe and back. "You look so beautiful."

I blushed under his gaze. "Aren't you the sweetest? Thank you. Please come have a seat." I told him formally and was about to lead the way when he placed his hands on mine and pulled me close to him. I stared at him, looking deep into his dark brown orbs. He had amazing eyes. Then my eyes trailed down to his nose. Very sharp and pointed nose and chiseled cheekbones. And then to his pink lips. Those lips that tasted heavenly last time with his minty breath. How can one man be so handsome without even trying?

"Olivia?" I heard him call my name but it sounded more like a question.

My breath hitched. "Huh?"

He kept staring at me without blinking. "Tonight, please drop the formalities. Please just be Olivia."