"It seems nothing can bother me now," I confidently answer with a smile, "Can I ask you something?"

I'm terribly embarrassed, but there's no other way.

"Of course," the guy encourages me.

"Since I've been on this side, I've been... plagued by nightmares," I look up at him, "Aiden found out that if someone is with me, they don't come..." he stops chewing, meeting my gaze, "Could you... well, could you come later and lie down with me? You can move to the farthest edge, this also counts."

How ridiculous and pathetic it all probably sounds.

Leo starts chewing thoughtfully again, swallows a piece and calmly replies, "Vivian, you shouldn't be so embarrassed. I'll come when you fall asleep, and I'll try to leave before you wake up," he promises kindly.

I mumble a timid "thank you" in response.

"Are you going to sleep in this?" comes an exclamation of surprise from his side.

"Yes."

The guy gives me a disapproving look, but does not comment on the thing in any way, apparently realizing I will not change my mind.

"Have it your way. Good night, Vivian."

"Good night, Leo. Thank you for everything."

He departs with a curt nod.

***
I didn't set the alarm on purpose so that my body could rest as much as it needed, but I am still woken up by some kind of ringing.

Leo is still here, on the edge of the bed, fully dressed, just like me. It seems he is a sleepyhead, because he did not leave earlier, as promised, and now he reaches for his phone with a dissatisfied grumble.

"Yes? Ethan, I don't have a meeting with them until after lunch. If you have something to say, and it's not urgent, send me a voice message," the guy says quickly and throws the phone back on the nightstand.

Then he notices that I'm awake too.

"Ethan is twice a jerk for waking both you and me up for no reason," angry Leo is quite a sight. "At least he let us sleep until 10 am. How are you feeling?"

It's really touching that he's so worried about me.

"It seems to be fine," I answer, trying to determine my energy level by this hour. I think if it hadn't been for the call, I would definitely have slept longer.

"I'm going to order something for breakfast... or rather, already for lunch. Aiden is the better cook of the two of us. You won't be able to even look at my cooking," my friend assures me. (I hope the fact that I call him that won't ruin anything).

"Do you only eat takeout food?" I ask, while he selects items in the delivery app.

"In most cases. But it happens Aiden cooks for two when he stays," the guy confides.

I can't help but smile broadly as I imagine the picture.

"What?" asks Leo, tearing his eyes off the phone and looking at me point-blank.

"Nothing. It's just so cuuuute," I drawl.

He grabs a small pillow and gently throws it at me.

"It's the least he can do to compensate for all the damage he does with his presence in my life," the guy tries to grumble, but gives up and smiles back at me.

While I'm cleaning myself up in the bathroom, the delivery girl quickly brings us food.

Leo ordered udon. I hope it's not too spicy.