Chapter 9, Sports Festival? How do I survive?

(Saki Kana pov)

Previously, Mr. Aizawa announced that there would be a sports festival similar to the Olympics. Why not just hold it in Greece to complete the set-up?

Anyways, lunchbreak came, and I just happened to bump into Zuko 2.0. I had to share a table with him since he insisted. It's not like I had a choice anyway.

Afterwards, he asked me about my father. I'm just going to explain what happened so we can move along with the story.

When Todoroki asked me about my father, I kept a stoic face the whole time. I just ignored him while he continued to annoy me with his questions.

Thankfully, Iida and Uraraka were able to save me from his nagging. I thank those two blessed souls for rescuing me. I wrote him a note that literally just says yes. That seemed to answer his question, since he stopped bothering me throughout the day. Now, onto the story.

It was currently 3:20 pm. The school bell rang, signaling that it was time for classes to end. I picked up everything on my desk and neatly stuffed it into my school bag.

I heard a bit of commotion outside our classroom and decided to look. "W-what's going on?" Uraraka stuttered.

I stood behind Iida and saw that a crowd of students flooded the entrance, making it hard for any of us to pass through.

If this prolongs any longer, I might not be able to get to my favorite café.

"What business do you have with Class 1-A?" Iida questions them. "We can't get out! What'd you come here for anyway?!" Mineta demanded.

"Scouting out the enemy, small fry", Bakugou answered cooly.

He continued, walking past us and standing in front of the crowd of students, "we're the ones who made it out of the villains' attack. They probably want to check us out before the Sports Festival."

"That's Kacchan in neutral." Midoriya tried reassuring us. "There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way extras!" Bakugou growled.

Midoriya and Uraraka had a look of shock written on their faces, while Iida tried to scold Bakugou for his behavior. "Stop calling people 'extras' just because you don't know them!"

You're an extra yourself, Bakugou. You're not even the main character of this story.

I deadpanned at his actions. "I came to see what the famous Class A was like, but you seem pretty arrogant." A new voice spoke up from the crowd.

"Are all students in the hero course like this?" A purple-haired guy with eye-bags emerged from amongst the crowd and stood in front of them.

Great, a sleep deprived male version of Raven from Teen Titans. And we just gave him the wrong impression of us.

"Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned. There are quite a few people who enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the hero course. Did you know?"

It must be nice... I'm trynna be like you, my boy.

I answered him subconsciously.

"The school has left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the sports festival, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course. And it seems they may also transfer people out."

I peeked up at the mention of this.

This is it, my chance.

The others seemed to be on edge, compared to how I feel.