Chapter 2, Drama between rivals pt. 1

(Saki Kana pov)

Previously, we had a quirk assessment test, brought to us by our teacher; Mr. Aizawa.

After doing a series of physical tests, we got ready for the ball throw one. Each student using their own individual quirks, to throw the ball as far as they can.

Midoriya, a rumored to be 'quirkless' boy, had a small interlude with Mr. Aizawa, regarding his so called quirk. Turns out he wasn't really quirkless... or was he?

Nevertheless, he showed strength and potential, that he had as much chance to be a hero, and proving himself to be worthy enough to be in that class.

He certainly is an enigma.

"He got over 700 meters?!"
"Finally, a hero-like record!"
"His finger's swollen! There was the entrance exam, too. He has a strange quirk..."
"It's not very stylish."

Compliments, and words of opinion filled the air. A wave of relief washed over us.

I knew he could do it.
I grinned to myself. I stared at Midoriya with a discreet look of admiration.

"What's the meaning of this? Hey! Tell me what's going on, Deku, you bastard!"
I looked over at Bakugo, as he charged straight for Midoriya, ready to beat him up to a pulp.

Before he could reach Midoriya, Mr. Aizawa stopped him by wrapping his scarf around Bakugo, halting him from charging towards Midoriya's reach.

"What the-? These clothes are hard..!"
Bakugo tried to struggle out of it's grasp.

"They're weapons for capture made of carbon fiber woven together with metal wire made of a special alloy", explained Mr. Aizawa.

"Jeez... don't keep making me use my quirk over and over. I have dry eye."

Too bad, his quirk is amazing! Well, we all have our fair share of setbacks.

"We're wasting time. Whoever's next, get ready", he said, turning off his quirk, and releasing Bakugo, who seemed to settle down.

You have guts, Midoriya. I have a feeling you will be a great hero that attracts others, and inspire them. Which is why I'll have to stay away from you.

Though, I'll be supporting you silently, from the sidelines.

After the ball throw, we did the rest of the tests. Of course, I still struggled through ways that would be less suspicious.

We finally finished the rest of the tests.
I didn't even break a sweat. I hope nobody would notice.

We all gathered around to know what our scores were. "Okay, I'll quickly tell you the results all at once."

Mr. Aizawa flashed a hologram of our records, and showed us what we got. I searched for my name on the list, and found out I placed in 13th.

Not the score I was hoping for, but it's still average.
I sighed in relief. I searched to find out who got in last place.

Standing at number 21 is; Izuku Midoriya.
Wait, he failed?
My eyes widened in shock, before returning to it's bored state.

That means, he would be expelled...
I felt a bit sad for Midoriya. It is his dream to become a hero, and he worked hard for it.

I was about to help Midoriya, by almost removing my antennas.

"By the way, I was lying about the expulsion." Mr. Aizawa interrupted me, before I was almost about to.