12 - hyunjin

[a really short chapter but i'll make up for it on the 15th chap ;)]

there she was. the person who broke yeojin's trust. she was standing there with apologetic eyes. yeojin was about to walk past, pretending like she didn't see jiwoo, when she felt the latter grab her wrist from behind.

"you already broke my trust." yeojin tried to break free, but stopped when she heard soft sobs from the behind.

"please let me explain myself.." she turned around to see tears falling down jiwoo's cheeks. she's just acting, yeojin! don't fall for it!

"please..?" jiwoo was practically begging the younger now. "..fine."

-

"so.. i'm waiting for you start talking any minute now." yeojin crossed her arms as the older girl took a sip out of her cup. "first off, i'm really so-"

"please get to the point." jiwoo flinched at how straight forward yeojin was. "i wanted that role really badly.. and i got jealous when you got the female lead."

"i wouldn't have did anything if i had a role. even if it was a normal, supporting role. but i didn't. which started the problem. i know i did my best.." yeojin could notice jiwoo shaking.

"a-and.. the male lead sunwoo.. the fact that you get to kiss my crush was unacceptable. i-i guess i acted out of jealousy.. i'm really sorry.." a tear escaped jiwoo's eye, as her voice cracked.

this is absurd! who would poison someone else to get a role?! especially for a high school play!

yeojin sighed. "i still don't understand why you did that. but i want you to know that what you did was very VERY wrong, unnie. something could've happened to me!" she raised her voice.

"i know yeojin.. a-and i'm really sorry! i really am! i didn't regret what i did for the first few days until i saw you sitting at the theatre alone, crying your eyes out to haseul.."

jiwoo's apology seemed genuine, so there was no reason for yeojin to hold a grudge against the older anymore. she let out an exhale.

"it's fine unnie. i hope you don't do this to anyone else in the future.." she said, making jiwoo nod. "while i don't hate you anymore, this doesn't mean we're friends."

"once my trust is broken, you can never earn it again." yeojin added. "i know. i wasn't expecting anything. i just.. wanted to apologize.." jiwoo muttered quietly.

"by the way, i heard that you guys secured funding for the trip. good job, i guess." yeojin said, keeping a straight face. "t-thanks!"

"if that's all, i'll get going unnie.. it was.. quite nice seeing you again. have a nice day." yeojin grabbed her bag and exitted the shop before jiwoo could respond.

-

"i talked with jiwoo again today." yeojin was lying down on yerim's lap, staring at the white ceiling while the older was playing with her hair. "did she do anything?" she asked, to which yeojin shook her head.

"she just apolgized. and it seemed like she was really genuine, so i forgave her, unnie." she mumbled. yerim's confession didn't make things awkward between the two at all.

they were still cuddling with each other every single day. "good, cause if she hurt you another time-" yerim trailed off when she saw yeojin staring at her with a wide smile.

"what?" yerim let out a chuckle. "you're just pretty, unnie." yeojin replied, observing yerim's facial features. the older blushed at yeojin's compliment.

"y-you have school tomorrow, right?" she tried changing the subject. "yeah, i do actually." "i'll let you sleep then. it's pretty late already." yerim glanced at the wall clock.

yerim was about to stand up, but yeojin didn't let her. "stay here.." she muttered, her eyelids getting heavy. "i gotta close up yeojin." yerim giggled.

"just for a while please?" yerim looked at the sleepy figure below her. "alright." she smiled and placed a warm kiss on yeojin's forehead. she stroked the younger's hair to make her fall asleep faster.

"sweet dreams."

-

a week passed by just like that. it was now time for the drama club members to travel to london. yeojin promised that she's gonna be taking care of hyunjin while jinsoul was away.

the younger was in the living room with a giggling hyunjin sitting on her lap. yeojin has turned on cartoons on the tv to keep the baby entertained while she fed her.

"hyunjin say ah again~" the baby opened her mouth allowing yeojin to feed the porridge. hyunjin let out a loud burp indicating that she was full.

"are you full already?" she asked, stroking hyunjin's hair. the baby nodded, not taking her eyes from the cartoony figure on the tv. "cocomong!" she pointed at a sausage-y red monkey on tv, giggling.

yeojin heard the phone ringing. she reached out to her phone from the coffee table. unknown number. "hello?" "yeojin where are you?" haseul. didn't she read the text yeojin had sent?

"didn't you.. read the text?" yeojin asked, making haseul let out a sigh. "no.. i lost my phone a few days back." "i'm not coming, unnie. i have to.. take care of my niece." she stared at a cooing hyunjin in her lap.

"i thought you said you don't have any relatives?" yeojin froze. "u-um.. this is my long lost nie-" "okay, what are you hiding im yeojin?"

"n-nothing!" yeojin stuttered, feeling all hot all of a sudden. "i still feel my stomach stirring once in a while, so i don't think that it's a good idea for me to come."

"then what about your nie-" "unnie, i'm not coming. end of discussion." yeojin disconnected the call before haseul could answer back.

as she placed her phone she saw her lap empty. she looked around and saw the baby on the kitchen counter, trying to lick the dishwasher. "jung hyunjin! soap is not for eating!"

<YEOJIN'S LOVE-O-METER>

100%
90%
80%
70%
60%
50%
40%
30%
20%
10%
0%

/ yeojin's love-o-meter increased by 10 percent! 30 percent more to reach 'confession point'! \