"How is he?" the centaur asked, completely ignoring the girl on his left.

Rolling her eyes at the centaur, Atalanta went to go do something else. She didn't want to have to deal with Chiron and him picking favorites.

The thing was that Atalanta didn't mind not being a favorite of Chiron's since she didn't care too much about what he thought of her or anything else, but the old horse man seemed to ignore her when she would try to speak and she didn't think she would have the patience to deal with that right now without blowing his head off.

On her walk Atalanta couldn't help but think about the new boy. He seemed to be important because Chiron certainly seemed interested in him.

He had miraculously defeated the Minotaur without a weapon which was a feat in its own, but knowing Chiron, this just meant something big was about to come.

Annabeth seemed to think that this boy was the ticket to her finally getting a quest.

The dark haired girl shook her head.

Atalanta knew that Annabeth seeing the oracle was a bad idea, and she's been interrogating any new camper they have received in the slight chance that they would be 'the one' the oracle told her about.

If asked, Atalanta would say she admired the girls persistence, but in this case, the blonde's obsession was quite unhealthy.

Plus these 'fantastic' quests that Annabeth is so insistent on going on are nothing like what goes on at camp.

At camp if you mess up you get another chance to learn from it, in the real world if you mess up it could could cost yours or someone else's life.

Unfortunately Atalanta had to learn that the hard way.

The black haired girl blinked as she came face to face with the door of Cabin 11. The Hermes cabin.

Atalanta was not a child of Hermes, though she wouldn't be upset if she were since she would have so many siblings, but rather she was a daughter of Hecate. The only one here at camp.

According to Chiron she is the only daughter of Hecate in the last century, but the young girl really hopes that she has some siblings out there somewhere.

She walked in the cabin, surprised to see Luke and a child of Khione awake. Luke was sitting on his bed reading a book and the child of Khione, Aurora, was heading towards the bathroom.

"You're up early" Atalanta commented as she carefully walked towards Luke's bed, making sure not to step on anyone.

"And You're up late" Luke fired back, not glancing up from his book.

"Yeah I was on new kid duty again" Atalanta muttered tiredly as she slunk into his bed and laid her head in his lap.

"How's he doing. I checked on him yesterday, but I wasn't able to get a great look at him" Luke commented, putting his book down.

Atalanta thought it was kind of weird how he sounded so interested in this kid but brushed it off as nothing.

"He's doing much better. He should be waking up today or tomorrow" The dark haired girl said as Luke ran his fingers through her hair.

"That's great. I'm excited to meet the boy who took down the minotaur without a weapon." Luke smiled.

"Well he lost his mom, he had a reason to fight. You and I both know having a reason to fight changes things" she commented offhandedly.

"Yeah." he muttered. "You're right."

"I know I am."

"Go to sleep. You're exhausted," Luke told the girl. "I'll make sure that no one disturbs you."