Caught In The Act

I sit quietly on my stool as Seras grumbles about her boss not giving her permission to survey the club she's absolutely certain is the hunting ground of the antagonists of the case she's been keeping quiet from me. Though her boss didn't give her or her partner, Mason, the green light, she's still going along with her plan. That plan includes me.

     So, Seras is dressing me up and doing my hair to get me ready to scope out the club. This time around, though, I won't have a wire or any kind of cool police contraptions that'll allow Seras to keep tabs on me. That's the downside of not having the support of your superior. We're all alone in this.

     I wince as Seras brushes my hair too hard, bristles scraping against my scalp, and nod along as she continues to rant. She's not expecting me to say anything, so I don't. I watch my mini makeover in progress and wonder if Seras wants me to look like this all the time. My makeup is done precisely and now my hair is up with deliberate strands hanging down around my face. I look good, but the outfit Seras picked out for me really sells the ensemble. She's put me in one of her dresses, skin tight on me thanks to my improved body. The garment is sleek black with an upper thigh hem and no sleeves. The material above my breasts is see through, showing off my bra straps. Seras said it's the perfect outfit for a club.

     Seras backs up from me as her rant ends and she gives me a quick once over. She nods in approval then leaves, mumbling about the perfect pair of heels for this occasion. I watch her walk away, appreciating the way she's made herself up. She said she's going into the club with me so she had to get dressed nice. I'm not complaining.

     After a few minutes she comes back with a pair of black heels in her hands, sporting her own pair on her feet. "Put these on," she tells me, handing the heels over. "And stop petting Night. You're going to smell like dog."

     Pulling my hand away from Night, I take the offered heels and slip them on my feet. They're a little big but it's not a detriment. I slide off my stool and smooth down my dress, walking in small circles to make sure I'm in tip top shape.

     "Good," Seras murmurs. She claps her hands together and breathes in deep. "Remember, we're just going to ask questions. I'm already on thin ice at work, so don't mess this up."

     I nod, but wonder why Seras just doesn't wait for permission to do this. She could have back up and gadgets and everything she'd need to scope out this club. Then again, we're only asking questions. If we get our answers I think Seras will get the proof she needs to convince her boss to allow her to go to the next level in the investigation.

     Seras shoos Night outside then comes back to me, grabbing her keys. She fluffs her hair and nudges me to get moving. "Let's go," she says. "The club should be full now."

     Cheerily, I follow Seras's lead and hop into her car with her. I fully support her mission to find answers and catch the killers she's been after for so long, but hopefully she doesn't pass the appropriate line of going rogue. Then there's the chance that I may ruin her plans. That's something I definitely don't want to happen.

     I scratch under my collar as we drive and watch the city's lights glow in the darkness of the night. It's been a while since Seras has let me out of the house for something other than walking the dog. I feel like Night, eager to see as much as I can with my limited time out in the world. What makes it all better is that I'm at Seras's side for it all.

     Eventually we arrive at the club but the streets tonight are packed, so Seras is forced to park in a near by parking garage. Her vehicle beeps to alert of its locked status and we start our journey back to the club on foot. As we walk Seras gives me the rundown on what I'm to do and how I'm to do it. She acknowledges that I'm not very good at interacting with people and should probably do as little of it as possible. But I am good at keeping quiet and keeping watch, so that's what I should do. I am to look out for anyone suspicious while Seras does all the talking.