32 - Unfashionably Late

Start from the beginning

You ran towards the pro and your classmate, sweat drenching your body and clothes. You stopped and their feet panting, too tired to utter a word yet.

"Umm hello-"

"*grunt* Hi! My name is (L/n) (Y/n)! Hold on," you held up one finger as you continued to pant and gasp for a few seconds.

Hawks and Tokoyami looked at each other with confused looks before your voice caught their attention again.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, hottest hero Hawks," You held out your hand for the pro to shake. Though when he went to shake your hand you quickly wiped your hand on your shirt after realizing your hand was damp from sweat. You reached your hand out again with a nervous laugh and shook Hawks hand enthusiastically.

'Holy fucking- I'm shaking Hawk's hand right now... OH MY GOD, I TALKED TO HAWKS!??????' You screamed in your head.

'She is gripping my hand really- really hard right now.... oww~' Hawks thought as he bore the pain you were inflicting on his hand.

You quickly noticed his pain and let go of his hand. You bowed with an apology explaining how you were overly excited since he was your favorite hero and whatnot.

"Don't worry about it! I'm flattered that I'm your favorite hero and happy that you accepted my offer, Baby Bird," Hawks smiled.

"Haha yeah-" Your face dropped from a large smile to blank in a fast second. "No."

"No?" Hawks laughed nervously.

"Do not. Call me Baby Bird. I understand that's what you call your fans... but I'm actually very uncomfortable with the nickname, sorry. I've read that in too many fanfics and it's contaminated my brain and now I'm very uneasy with the phrase..." You began to mutter quietly explaining your feelings.

"Ok, ok," Hawks waved his hand around to get you to stop. "I won't call you that anymore (L/n)-"

"(Y/n)."

"(Y-Y/n)... I promise I won't call you that anymore, ok?" Hawk smiled again.

You nodded, honestly too embarrassed to respond as the reality of your actions hit you like a train. You just cut off Hawks like 5 times, made things awkward a lot, and on top of that, you were LATE!

"But can we backtrack to the part where you mentioned reading fanfics about me-"

"OKAAYYYY! THINK WE SHOULD PATROL NOW? TOKOYAMI DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD PATROL NOW? I THINK WE SHOULD PATROL NOW!" You yelled over Hawks and looked to Tokoyami who only carried a very confused, disturbed, and awkward expression.

"I do agree (Y/n)... however you're not in your hero suit- actually didn't you get a new one after the USJ incident?" Tokoyami asked.

Your face immediately lit up again and you held up the metal suitcase in your right hand, "Yes! I got people to make a new one for me and it's so coooool!!!! I'll go change into it now!! It'll only take 10 seconds max!"

You ran inside Hawks' hero agency and like you said, no later than 10 seconds you came out in your new and improved suit.

Hawks whistled as you rushed out of the large building fully clothed. "You look really good in that, but I want to know how you got changed so scarily fast- that was inhumane..."

You turned your head slowly to meet Hawks' eyes, "Don't worry about it." And as if a switch was flipped your expression did a full 180 as you beam in excitement. "OK, LET'S GO PATROL! I need to give my hero record some work!!"

Hawks and Tokoyami nodded and the pro took the lead in showing his interns around the streets. A few purse snatchers, small criminals, and other crimes popped up here and there but they were swiftly taken care of by Hawks and you.