"Arya", he commanded.

Arya? It wasn't a word I was familiar with but I knew I must listen.

I pushed my arms through the water, the water resisting against my movement. It was like tar, thick and viscous. The water swarmed me from all angles, holding my body down, shackling any movement.

"I can't", I wanted to yell back. "I can't".

"Arya!"

"Help me!", I whimpered pathetically, "I can't". It was too strong, lulling me into surrender. My arms fell limply to my sides as I began to sink again.

My eyes were fluttering close when I felt a warm touch on my lips, a heat blossoming from the gentlest of touches, a heated feather. The warmth gently lapped at my skin spreading to my cheeks and then to my nose.

I groaned and tried to reach for this source of warmth in this desolate cold sea. The touch became heavier, more urgent and warmness shot right through my body, from my fingers to my toes. With newfound strength, I began to push forward, the heat pulsating through my body.

The water tried to cling on to me, but the heat fought back, allowing me to slip free of its deathly grasp. I rose, leaving the dark murkiness behind me, heading towards the surface. Warm fingers danced on my body, each touch sending my body reeling with the eagerness to survive, to fight.

I gasped as my head broke through the surface and I took a deep inhale of the air. The sea was still dark but I was bathed in a warm, golden, familiar light. It made me heady and content being surrounded by such beauty.

"Arya", the voice smiled. "Wake up".

My eyes shot open only to meet an unfamiliar dark oak ceiling. My eyes felt dry and itchy like they hadn't been used in ages. My head throbbed with pain and my body was numb, lifeless. I tried to lift my fingers and it was like my bones were creaking like a machine that was neglected and rusted.

I opened my mouth, my tongue dry and took in a deep breath, my chest wheezing with the effort.

Where was I?

There was a sense of lingering panic filling my body but I wasn't sure as to why? I didn't recognise the room I was in but it looked clean and homely. I was in a wooden cabin of sorts, beams crisscrossing the ceiling, the sun reflecting warmly on the rich mahogany. The room had the bed which I was on, few furnishings and a thick cosy rug that looked like I would sink in it if I took a step.

This was... nice.

Whose room was this? Was it mine?

My head felt fuzzy like there was a thick unmoving fog settled on my brain that I couldn't clear.

Who was I?

I lie in bed, wracking my brains only to be rewarded with more of a headache. I couldn't even get up, my body felt like it was bound even though there were no visible ties. It was like I was in an unbreakable cast and soon I found myself giving up and settling deeper into the soft bed.

It felt like I was lying there for hours, unsure of what to do with myself. In the distance, I heard a sound similar to a door opening and there were signs of movement.

I froze.

Who was there?

There was a heavy thud as something was dropped and the person began to make their way towards the room I was lying helplessly in. Then steps were heavy but oddly light, almost predatorial. They neared my room and I held my breath in suspense as I watched the brass doorknob turn in what seemed like slow motion.