Chapter 12

Topaz awakened, happy and content to just lay against the warm body that was Raul. Moving a hand up to the crook of her neck, she felt the bite there. It felt as if it was a scar that had been there for years instead of just a few hours.

"Afternoon, baby," the gruff voice of Raul murmured in her ear.

"Hey," she murmured in return.

Topaz felt him push up behind her, then he was kissing the bite on her neck. The touch of his lips sent shivers down her spine, and she moaned.

Raul chuckled, and she turned to look at him. His eyes were sleepy soft, his face slightly flushed as he gazed at her.

"I was thinking Raul..."

"About what?"

"Meeting your wolf."

Raul sat up, excitement on his face. "You want to meet my wolf?"

"I do."

"Now?"

"Don't argue with our mate, she wants to meet me, so give her what she wants," his wolf demanded of Raul.

Topaz laughed. "Now is good. Do we need to go somewhere else or...?"

"No, I'm not the size of a house like in the movies, just a bit bigger than a regular wolf," Raul informed her. He then got up and took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

Topaz sat up, moving to the edge of the bed. There was a strange electrical charge in the air that had the fine hair on her arms standing up as she waited. Then Raul was gone, and a white wolf stood in his place.

Topaz sat in awe as the wolf stood watching her. "Oh, Raul, you are a beautiful wolf. Although, I will admit because of your dark hair I wasn't expecting you to be white."

Topaz got up then and moved slowly over to him. Wolf Raul sat down and waited until she was close then he whined lightly. She smiled and reached out her hand she stroked him, over his head and down his back.

"So soft," she murmured as she continued to pet him. She sat down on the floor, careful of her knee, and hugged him, breathing in the clean scent of warm fur. They stayed that way for long moments, him growling in content, his head in her lap as she petted him. After a while, she kissed him on the snout before murmuring, "Totally random here, but I'm hungry."

Wolf Raul snorted and suddenly Raul was kneeling in front of her. "So totally random."

Topaz's stomach growled, and she giggled. "Sorry."

Raul stood and pulled her to her feet with him. "It's fine. My wolf says he's glad you like the way he looks and wants to know if he smells alright because he heard you sniffing him."

"Oh! Um... yeah, he smells like warm furs, like sunshine?" Topaz felt her face heat in embarrassment at her explanation.

Raul smiled. "That's good, he didn't want to smell bad the first time you met him, he can be a little vain sometimes,"

Topaz raised an eyebrow at him. "I seem to recall you saying something about smelling bad when to me you smelled perfectly fine."

Raul cleared his throat, his face now pink as he said, "Mm... yeah. Anyway, how about we get dressed and go find something to eat?"

Her stomach growled again. "Yes!"

Topaz was almost dressed when she looked at the clock and screeched, "Oh, no! I was supposed to be at work an hour ago."

Raul who had turned and growled at her screech sighed. "About that... I took your phone while you were sleeping and called you in sick. I didn't think you would feel like working with your knee still bruised up like it is. Please don't be mad because I know I should have asked you instead of just..."