New Adventure

Serena had spilled you everything. Albeit it was after she had a slight emotional breakdown and Olympia had entered as well with Officer Jenny to get more info out of her. So, while she was having her breakdown, you just held her close. There wasn't much else either of you could do as she was just crying. Once she did calm down a little bit, she was able to explain everything she could to the cops, a few lawyers, and to some friends, including yourself.

As it turned out, Serena and Solomon met a couple of months after the old friend group broke up. She was in a funk, thinking no one wanted her to be around and so, when Solomon opened himself up to her, she took it, not realizing who he was or his past relationships. Well...essentially something worse. Especially when Jenny got both a search and arrest warrant. And yeah...it got brutal.

As it turns out, Solomon was a controlling predator, and...yeah. His "exs" didn't go anywhere outside the property for years. So, he was charged and Serena's account was noted for the court trials. You, meanwhile, just stayed in her room until later on in the evening, only leaving to go grab some food. So, when you came back into the room with half a grilled cheese in your mouth, Serena turned her head from the window and back over to you.

You both looked at one another for a few moments until you crunched down on the bread and let the other half of the sandwich fall into the little box below your mouth. As you chewed, swallowed, and whipped your mouth clean of the crumbs. Meanwhile, Serena said nothing and turned back to the window. You walked over to her bed and sat the food down on the table beside her, only taking out a cookie.

(Y/N): I got you something.

Serena: You don't need to be so kind.

(Y/N): True. I don't. But I want to.

Silence once again. You sighed a little and moved to the base of the hospital bed.

(Y/N): You sure I can't at least get you something other than the cookie? They really do have a good selection of food down there. Nothing perfect, but it's alright.

Serena: I'm fine. And the cookie is yours too. You paid for it. You deserve it.

You looked at her with the intention to say something. You wanted to say something. But every single thing that filled your brain just resulted in a worse outcome. You didn't want to offend her. But you also wanted to show your support. So, that left you with silence as you walked back over to your food and went to eat it, still ignoring the cookie.

Serena: You can go if you want. I'll be alright.

You sighed and sat down beside her. You let your food rest on your lap as you tapped two fingers together. You sighed before you turned over to face Serena again.

(Y/N): Listen, I know you are a tough cookie. I mean for crying out loud, you are a gym leader. But...rank and status don't mean much unless you got a friend by your side.

Serena looked back at you but slowly turned back and looked out the window again.

Serena: You probably have work.

(Y/N): I don't. I quit. I was going to restart my journey.

Serena: What?! Why?

(Y/N): Let's say it was a life crisis. I needed a change of pace. And I think that going out there could have worked wonders for me. The boys and Axew and I have been training all week. And I think maybe you could use the change as well. Get on back out there. Just battle and have some fun. Maybe...maybe see the old gang again.

Serena: Like they want to see me.

(Y/N): I wanted to see you. If you want to make amends, then get off your butt and do something about it.