chapter 2

The guard walked in through the big steel doors of the basement with a bucket of ice water. The chaos commenced, he made his way upto where jungkooks body layed and drenched the poor boy in water. This caused him to jump up gasping as the cold liquid made contact with his skin.

"Get up kid, or should I do something worse"? "N-no sir please, I'm up". He was trembeling but not only from coldness he trembeling from fear. It wasn't something new tho, he's gotten so used to being afraid of everyone that approaches him that he doesn't even realize when he's trembling anymore.

"Good". With that the guard walked away and jungkook was left drenched in ince water on the floor. "Well guess I'm gonna be sick again, if I wasn't already that is". He spoke to himself leaning his head on the wall looking at the ceiling to stop his now building tears from falling.

Just as he was doing that he heard soft and very familiar foot steps, these made his face light up a little bit. "Kookie". A soft feminine voice whispered out as the person neared the door. "In here". He whispered back. Within seconds an old woman walked in. It was the head maid. Miss.kim

She was the one person in the world jungkook fully trusted and was sure actually cared for him, so much he calls her eomma. She and her late husband was never able to have kids, so, working for the jeons and seeing how jungkook was treated she made it her business to give him atleast the slightest bit of care and comfort.

She made her way and kneeled beside jungkook. She had a plate of food in her hand which sh out down and reached he hand out caressing jungkooks bruised cheek. "Oh my poor child, I wish I could help u get out of here". She whispered out to him bringing him in for a warm hug.

That's when he finally let himself loose and his held in emotions where coming out in big streams of tears. " shhhh, it'll be alright koo, your faith will change at some point all you'll get the happiness you deserve". "When eomma, when. Things have been like this for 18 years, how is it gonna change. Am I cursed"?

"No my dear. No one is ever made to have an ugly faith. All of this will turn around, just hold on for a but longer, please don't give up on yourself, hm". "Now before it gets too Kate hurry and eat no one is in the house right now. Mr and Mrs.jeon are out for a meeting and all guards have gone with them. Eat now".

Jungkook broke the hug nodded with a little smile then started eating. If it wasn't for his Eomma he wouldn't be able to eat anything proper. After he finished the maid placed a kiss on his forehead and left as to not get them in an potential trouble.

As his eomma walked out those big doors and closed them all the peace and comfort jungkook felt just seconds prior faded. Now it was only pain and fear. "Back to square one I guess". What more could he say.

AUTHORS POV

As all that was happening for jungkook someone else was at work, to help him.