Chapter 3: A new friend...

"Sooo... what have you been doing other than surviving the infection all this time?" I asked my friend as we walked through the countryside.

"Well, for the most part it's been fencing, teaching my younger sisters, hanging out, school... I could go on for a long time.."

"Oh, well that's nice," I responded with a small smile. I could feel my face face turning into a tomato, so I asked another question, "Well, since you said you were in school, have you made any friends?"

"Haha, well no one like you of course!" Her cheeks had a soft shade of pink on them, growing in darker hue. "But, there have been a few people I've made friends with. Like Mimi, she and I met in chemistry class, and also a nice girl named Bunny, she and I met in gym, she likes to shoot with a crossbow, and she's really good at it!"

I giggled, glad that she had made some new friends, I just hope this doesn't affect anything between the 2 of us,I thought to myself.

Apparently, I had been wondering about the friendship Zizzy and I had too long and became glossy eyed and dazed away from reality, and Zizzy was trying to get my attention, "Pony! Hey, Pony!!" She sighed, "PONY!" She screamed, I jumped and fell backwards, I've never been one that was too brave.

As I came back to reality and heard Zizzy fall over laughing, I saw something in the distance, from the looks of it, it seemed to be a carnival..

"Hey, Ziz?"

"Yeah, Pony?"

"Look over there, it's a carnival of sorts!"

Zizzy looked over past the fields and at the carnival, her gaze fixated on it. "Huh.." was all she said.

"Uhm, should we go check it out?" I asked.

"Yeah! It'll be fun!" Zizzy's voice responded.

We got up and walked over to the carnival, Zizzy saying every so often, "Wow! This'll be so much fun!!" I loved her enthusiasm, even when things were tough, like now.

After about 15 minutes, we arrived at the carnival. Zizzy's mouth gaped open, and to be honest, so did mine. The carnival wasn't very big, but there was a roller coaster, Ferris wheel, big top circus tent, and other games! It was packed with just about everything!

Zizzy and I looked at each other, thinking the same thing, let's do this!

We ran past the lavender potato mouth, and to the right, and the roller coaster was sitting there, baiting us to ride it. We sat next to each other and the roller coaster zoomed to life. By the time we'd rode it at least 10 times, I started to feel a bit queasy, and I could tell Ziz was feeling the same way, so I suggested we rode the Ferris wheel to relax, Zizzy agreed and I held her hand guiding her to the Ferris wheel on the opposite side of the carnival.

We got on, and the giant wheel lifted Zizzy and I off the ground, and into the air. Ziz eventually feel asleep on my shoulder, and I feel asleep on her head, the soothing feeling of the wheel rocking back and forth made it easier to relax and sleep.

After what must've been a few hours, Zizzy woke me up, shaking me like crazy. My tired mind simply said "Stooooooooop!" I held out the "o" sound longer making it sound like a young child was saying it.

"No! We have to look for survivors, remember?"

I woke up more, looking around, "oh yeah, let's go do that..."

We searched the whole carnival, then started to check a room with a hole in the wall, from what, I have no idea, but, it must've been there for some reason I guess...

"Uhm, Pony..."

Her voice made me smile, "yeah?"

"There's, uh, something I have to tell you..."

"Oh, well... what is it?"

Zizzy's whole body was trembling as she spoke, "well, I, uhm, I lik-"

The door behind us flew open, and a bloxy looking character stood there. I spun around and look at them, and they looked at us. I pulled my sword out, Ziz pulled out her saber, the bloxy character looked at us in disbelief, "hey hey hey! I come in peace! I'm just looking for Mr P!"

Zizzy and I looked at each other, then back at the figure in then doorway, finally Zizzy chirped up, "well, who are you?"

"I'm Player, yourself?"

"Zizzy, and this is my friend, Pony."

"Hello," I told Player.

"Hi."

We all sat in silence for a few seconds, then I spoke up, "well, other than looking for Mr P, what are you doing here?"

"Oh well, I just decided to come have fun at a cArNiVaL during a pAnDeMiC," they said in a sarcastic tone that made me frown.

"Well, looks like you have a friend.." I said, pointing out the figure behind Player.

"No, Pony, that's one of them!" Zizzy screamed.

"I'll handle it!" I told them as I ran over to the fox-like person, and hit them upside the head with my wooden sword.

"Phew, thank you, Pony," Player thanked me.

I smiled, "yeah, no problem."

Player smiled back, I think I might like this guy, I thought to myself. My thoughts were interrupted by Zizzy saying, "well, I mean, we found a survivor... shall we go back to the safe place?"

"I guess..." I responded.

"Ok, well let's go!" Player exclaimed.

Player ran to the hole in the wall, but Zizzy grabbed their shirt, "not so fast, we have to make a plan..."

"A plan for what?" Player asked.

"A plan to get past the infected, the safe place is in the city, and there's most likely gonna be infected there."

"Yeah," I chimed in.

"Hmmm... oh I know!" Player said.

"What is it?" Zizzy and I asked together.

"So, you two will fight with your weapons, Zizzy can use her saber to fight off the infected, and Pony, you can help me with your sword, there might be some wood or other things that can be broken by your sword! Meanwhile, I'll get keys, wrenches, and all the other stuff to get to the safe place!"

"Ok, ok, ok... I like the plan, but I won't fight off the infected unless I have some grass. That's the deal for whenever you might need me," Ziz said, I laughed and added, "and for me, I'll need a carrot!"

Player nodded, "ok, I'll try to see if theres anything."

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get going!" Zizzy turned to us, and we all nodded in agreement.

We walked away from the carnival, and to the city where the safe place was. I glanced at Zizzy, her fur was gleaming, almost like a princess's would. She's amazing, I wish I could just tell her, I thought, but it wasn't the right time yet, the opportunity would present itself when it was the correct time...

Hello, I'm sorry I haven't added another part onto the story in a while, I've just been doing this for fun, not having my whole concentration on it!

But, here it is! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, I'll try to produce them more frequently in the future but right now I'm on vacation so maybe not for a little while 😂!
(But i also might, so stay on the lookout!!)

Have a great day/afternoon/morning/night or whatever time it may be!

-Soph