11

; 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐠 𝐦𝐞.

"... Eren..."

All Eren felt was warmth. 

Beside him, [Name]'s radiant face lit up the darkness of the night as they headed back towards headquarters, hurrying to get some sleep in before daybreak came. Her arm wrapped tightly around his shoulders, [Name] was vivaciously gracing the Jaeger with another one of her hilarious childhood anecdotes, but her words fell in and out of focus for him.

"... fun to be with you... hang out more... smile..."

"Huh?"

"... I think Mikasa... ha! Look at..."

"Eren!"

A loud, commanding voice rang out, abruptly rousing Eren from his deep sleep. He woke up in his bed, befuddled by what was reality and what was his dream world.

"H-Huh?" 

Patting his face to check if he was dreaming or awake, Eren groaned as he realised that his dream had simply been a rerun of his meeting with [Name] from the previous night and punched his pillow in annoyance.

Damn it!

It had been one of the most peaceful rests he had had in a while.

"Eren, everyone is getting ready to leave now! We need you at the beach for patrol! Get ready!"

It was Mikasa, standing on the other side of Eren's door and calling for him.

"Shit, sorry! I'll be down soon!"

As Eren hastily got himself out of bed and prepared for the day ahead, in front of [Name]'s room, Armin was facing a similar situation.

"[Name], come on! Everyone's waiting!"

"Sorry! Give me a few minutes—you go ahead! I'll meet you at the stables!"

"Honestly," sighed Armin, placing a palm against his forehead. "What were you doing last night?"

He heard a snicker through the door, and glared at it.

"I know what you're thinking, [Name]! You're not funny!"

"What do you mean?" called out [Name], who was rushing into her gear.

"You were going to say my mom, weren't you?!"

"Hey, don't put words in my mouth!"

[Name] emerged from her room moments later, smiling brightly at Armin as he continued to scowl at her.

"I was actually going to say, "wouldn't you like to know?" but your answer is much better."

With a friendly pat on the Arlert's back, [Name] said, "Alright, let's go!"

Once they had retrieved their oversleeping colleagues, Mikasa and Armin regrouped at the stables with [Name] and Eren, who both nodded at each other in acknowledgement.

"Why do you look like shit?" snickered [Name], eyes glancing over the Jaeger's exhausted body. He glared at her and retorted, "You don't look so fresh either. What did you do last night?"

"According to Armin, his mom."

"[Name]! That's not funny, his mom is dead!"

"So is mine! He's the one who said it, not me!"