04

; 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮— 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒆.

"Hello, stranger! It's nice to see you out of your room!"

As [Name] had hoped, her constant visits—and constant invasion of Eren's privacy—had eventually forced him out of his room. While he had made an effort to join everyone for dinner on this particular night, he was noticeably reserved and spoke only to Mikasa and Armin, if at all.

Eren scowled as [Name] slammed her hand down on the table and patted him on the shoulder with a bright smile. Beside him, Mikasa eyed out [Name] warily, and further down the table, [Name]'s comment caught Jean's attention.

"You're back, suicidal brat?" called the Kirstein, making [Name] roll her eyes.

"That nickname, Jean? Really?" scoffed [Name], gripping Eren's shoulder protectively. "But I guess it's better to be a suicidal brat than to have the face of a horse."

The surrounding area erupted with laughter as Jean went pink in the face at [Name]'s comment, exclaiming, "Who are you calling horse face?! Don't act as if you're any better! If he's the suicidal brat, then you're the homicidal maniac! A bit too eager to go out there and kill titans, if you ask me!"

With her attention now completely removed from Eren, [Name] forgot about her grip on the Jaeger as she engaged with Jean in what everyone considered to be a usual part of their nightly entertainment: the pair hurling their best insults at each other for all to hear.

"That's our job, horse face! Aren't we all meant to be homicidal maniacs?"

"Not to your extent! You purposely butcher them before properly killing them! That's maniacal!"

"No, I just have bad aim!"

"Shut up! That's your excuse all the time, you psychopath!"

Mikasa worriedly watched as [Name] pushed and pulled Eren around by the shoulder while spitting taunt after taunt. What concerned her more was the fact that although Eren was being shoved around like a doll, his face was expressionless, and he showed no signs of removing [Name]'s hand himself.

"Hey, [Name], you can let go of Eren now..." said Armin cautiously, only to go unheard by the arguing female. Mikasa stepped in and forcefully removed [Name]'s hand, leaving the Cordtz to walk towards Jean without looking back at the trio.

"Are you okay, Eren?"

"Yeah. It's no big deal."

"Here we go again," sighed Connie, facepalming as [Name] and Jean's bickering grew louder and louder. Sasha, on the other hand, was enthralled by the confrontation and watched on in excitement as [Name] stood directly behind Jean with her hands on her hips. The Kirstein showed no sign of backing down; in fact, he stood up and looked down at his adversary, exclaiming, "You wanna go, huh?!"

The crowd buzzed with excitement as Jean challenged [Name], sneering as he used his height in an attempt to intimidate her. 

Generally, Jean tended to be a gentleman and tried not to pick physical fights with his female colleagues; however, when it came to [Name], he just couldn't help it. 

She was a big, walking red flag.

"They're so annoying," complained Eren, scratching his ear as he picked up his loaf of bread and began eating. Mikasa cracked a small smile at hearing Eren's comment, and was relieved to see him returning to normal.

"You know, when you weren't here, [Name] and Jean's arguing seemed to get even worse," mentioned Armin, turning back to Mikasa and Eren. "I guess Jean just needs someone to blow some steam off with, and since you weren't here, he took on [Name]."