Chapter 3

You scare me

You scare me...

It has been a few days since I moved in with Jimin. We live in separate rooms obviously but I still see him around.

I've gotten a bit more comfortable around the huge house during those days. I'm like a cat; it's very difficult for me to get used to the change of my environment. But somehow I managed to overcome this discomfort and make myself at home.

I can't say I already know every corner of the house but I've gotten better at orienting there. It seemed like a maze and I got lost a few times but it's not a big deal.

I tried to avoid Jimin as much as I could. The only times I saw him were when he was leaving for work and coming back home. Even then we didn't talk and I was just leaving him the meals in the kitchen.

Thank god he's always busy...

I can't stand him...

I am the cook in this house because I heard from Mr.Park that this cockroach can burn the house to ashes just by trying to fry the eggs. And I adore the house too much to let him anywhere near the kitchen.

Cooking was always my thing. I never made the meals boring and basic. My imagination is always taking over when it's time to prepare a meal.

Anyways, I already unpacked fully and it was time to sort out things at work and university.

Right...

I never mentioned what it is that I do...

Well, as for university, I am a bachelor of science in pharmaceutical sciences. I'm in my last year and I have about two months before I finish my studies.

Can't wait for that day...

My life will start anew and I'll be able to put all my focus on work...

Something I longed for half my life...

In the meantime, I already work as a researcher by my profession. And it is a difficult one but I will succeed in the future.

To get into details, I research diseases and try to find cures. Right now I'm working on finding a cure or a possibility of treatment for leukemia that is developing in children's bodies.

I have a soft spot for children and that's why I decided I want to make a difference in this world by researching cancer diseases that often form in childhood years.

But that's not the whole reason...

***

I was on my way downstairs when I turned the corner and bumped into Jimin. He was wearing sweats and a plain t-shirt that made him look effortlessly attractive. His dark brown hair was hanging on his face like he had just woken up.