Chapter 3: The Cunning Doctor

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Ms. Damien" Archer greeted.

"Hey Steve" she replied to shock Hailey and Archer who were standing in front of her. "I was joking sir" she quickly added with a fake smile. "How can I help you Mr. and Mrs?" She said emphasizing the Mr. and Mrs.

"We're not here to joke Flora" Hailey said in an irritated but harsh way.

"Ms. Damien, the Commissioner, NPO invites you to his lodge to discuss one or two things". Archer explained.

"Mr. Gilbert wants to see me?" She asked in a low tone.

"Are you busy?" Hailey asked.

"Noo, why will I be busy?" Ms. Damien answered.

"We should get going then" Archer said, urging both ladies to go first.

"Let me quickly pick some things" Ms. Damien said, quickly rushing into her office.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

"Good Afternoon sir" she bowed in respect to the old looking man.

"How are you?" The Commissioner asked.

"As you can see sir, I'm very fine" she replied.

"Wow, I love your courage" Mr. Gilbert said clapping.

"Thanks sir" she replied.

"She's worth the trust you have in her" Mr. Gilbert added looking at Archer

"Thanks for the compliment sir" Ms. Damien replied.

"I called to ask if you can be in charge of the recent murder case, you'll run the autopsies and decide who will be imprisoned" Mr. Gilbert explained.

"I'm capable and I'll make myself available sir" Ms. Damien replied.

"That's good to hear" Mr. Gilbert said.

"Sir" Archer called.

"You have something to say?" Mr. Gilbert asked.

"Yes sir, there's a problem sir, she lost the samples and their result sir" Archer said.

"Oh sorry Mr. Archer, I should have informed you earlier, I found them in the theatre the next day" Ms. Damien retorted.

Archers hands fell, he was surprised and then it dawned on him that Ms. Damien hid the samples on purpose, she's not to be trusted, Archer's face met Ms. Damien's to see her give an embarrassing smile, he could not change Mr. Gilbert's heart as he already likes the doctor.

"This silence is awkward, is there something I need to know?" The Commissioner asked looking as if scanning for the truth in their eyes.

"Nothing wrong sir" they replied together. "um, sir, I have to get going now to ensure that the results are ready in time" Ms. Damien added.

"Oh, sure, you're free to go" Mr. Gilbert said shaking the doctor.

"See you later Hailey and Archer" she said as she catwalks away waving at them.

"She's really beautiful" the commissioner concluded.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

"There's trouble looming" Mr. Andy said over dinner in his house.

"I knew it too" Archer added.

"I don't understand what's going on?" dropping her spoon, Hailey laments "can someone just give me an explanation?" she added.

"The commissioner likes Flora" Mr. Andy said.

"And what trouble does that bring?" Hailey asked.

Archer cleared his throat "you should be more sensitive than this Hailey, you can see that she's not straight forward anymore, she told us that she lost the samples, didn't she?" Archer explained.