Chapter 14 - In Searching for The Truth

Start from the beginning

"Do not underestimate the former police doctor!" The old man grunted in their direction, putting on the glasses that had fallen off him a moment earlier during the fight and he dusted himself off. In a dignified movement, he continued his walk, leaving two defeated men on the pavement, squirming in pain.

****

Dr. Reichwein didn't go straight to his home that evening. On the way, he stopped in one more place - the cemetery, the grave of the late detective. To Emiko's surprise, after his behavior it was obvious that they shared more than the usual relationship between the doctor and the patient; it was more like a friendship that had been brutally ended. The girl, standing in the shade of tall trees, carefully watched the whole situation. Dr. Reichwein seemed to her to have human feelings and want to do justice on behalf of his friend... She understood that his willingness to solve the investigation was related to this, and therefore, he was a trustworthy person.

Suddenly, however, the silence surrounding the place of eternal rest was broken by the rustle of leaves from the even darker part of the cemetery, and the young Tenma quickly jumped, hugging the trunk of the nearest tree, hiding even more in its shadow. Someone was slowly approaching them, someone who was hidden in the surrounding darkness of the night...

Finally, a few meters away, a figure emerged from the bushes growing there. And it was none other than...

'Brother...?'

Kenzo stopped just a few meters away, his eyes directed straight at the old man sitting at the grave. He began to observe him closely, which made the young woman convinced that his appearance here was certainly not accidental.

Emiko started hugging the tree trunk even more, not even moving one step. If only a little twig had broken beneath her feet... it would no doubt she has been exposed immediately. Only a few days had passed since her last meeting with her brother, so he would no doubt recognize her as a girl from the narrow alley between the blocks, where the fight took place. She didn't want to let it happen at all costs...

Her heart was beating in an accelerated pace, making her feel humming in her ears from his too loud beating. If someone accidentally heard it...

Fortunately, nothing like that happened. After a dozen or so minutes, Dr. Reichwein got up and continued on his way, most likely to his home, and Kenzo followed him. Emiko, without much thought, started right after them. Because who knows, what might happen?

That evening, however, it was absolutely nothing.

Totally nothing else happened, because the older man returned safely to his home, and Kenzo after a long observation of his property, also went in an unknown direction. The girl sighed and decided to observe the old man for a few more days, just in case. She knew that since her brother had appeared, something could happen in the near future... or at least she had that impression.

Her intuition didn't disappoint her. When a young woman was waiting near the clinic just a few days later, hidden in the nearby bushes, she suddenly noticed that a very nervous doctor Reichwein was running out of the back entrance of the building, followed by a tall man with a gun in his hand... An old man dressed in a white, medical apron was hurrying down the stairs, and an unknown man began aiming at him through the storeys...

Suddenly a pistol shot joined the whole situation. Her eyes flashed like lightning bolt to the source, and more precisely towards Dr. Reichwein, who had now fallen on the floor, staring at another person who was standing right next to him.

"Hurry up!!" Kenzo was standing next to the old man, his gun pointed straight up the stairs. "I've been watching you for some time. You've become a target! Run away!! Fast!!" The older man didn't have to be told twice. He started to run again with a quick movement, and Kenzo ran after him, covering the rear. Emiko crouched in the bushes even more, watching the tall man who started walking down the stairs without haste.