"We have to hurry, people are staring," I whispered to Beval, grabbing onto his arm and squeezing.

"It's gonna be okay, I'll protect you", he reassured me as he pulled me closer to him. I could smell his natural scent on his purple hoodie. It was mesmerizing to say the least. My fingers met his and danced together until he grabbed my hand. It was sweaty, so even though he was protecting me, he was still nervous about the outcome of this situation.

"What? You are where?! YOU'RE WITH HIM?!" Danny yelled in disbelief.

"WHAT?!", Celosia screamed in shock before trying to grab the phone. "Let me talk to him."

"Stop, stop!", Danny said, shoving Celosia back as he tried to listen to what Trevor had to say.

"Why would Trevor be with Shimizu?", I asked Danny, not really expecting an answer from him. He was way too focused.

"Okay, okay, who's going to pick us up? Meet them where? Which forest? Alright, Alright, we will be there. Okay. Thank you so much! See ya!"

The minute Danny got off the phone, Kimberly, Beval and Celosia bombarded him with urgent questions.

"Hold on, hold on! I'll tell you everything he told me so far, but first, act cool."

Danny, I, and the others looked towards a girl and a guy walking towards us. The girl was a white brunette and wore a short, stylish, flowy blue dress and black heels. The guy was bald white guy, but wore causal clothing.

"Hey, you guys new around here? I never seen ya'll before. And you...", the brunette girl smiled as she walked up to us, eyeing Beval. She walked closer to him, placing her hands on his chest and whispered something in his ear. "Have nice eyes, they're so...sexy."

It took me everything in my power to not slap that chick across her face, but I had to play it cool, since we forgot our contacts back at the shelter.

"Thanks, but these are just contacts," he smiled nervously as he backed up, trying to add some space between the girl and him.

"You know Halloween is over right?" the man joked before chugging down some of his alcohol. "But like seriously, where are you guys from?"

"Oh, um, San Diego." I lied, deciding to look the guy in his eyes as I took my hood off.

"San Diego?" the girl asked me.

"Yup! We came to visit this beautiful city and see what it has to offer," I smiled, my eye slightly twitching.

"And as a matter of fact, since we just made a call with our loved ones, we should be going now. It's getting pretty late", Danny said swiftly as he gathered us all up, pushing us towards the van.

"Wait a second...take off your contacts. I wanna see your real eye colors," the man asked in an unsmiling tone.

We stood there, planted only two feet away from the man. My mind was racing with what lie to tell, but I didn't know exactly which one to pick. My heart raced as my adrenaline began to build up. My toes curled in my black New Balance shoes. I began playing with my fingers as I took a few deep breaths.

"Um, why? Come on dude, what do you take us as?" Beval chuckled, trying to reason with the fellow man.

"Experimented freaks...prove to me you aren't, and we'll let you go...unharmed," The man responded, getting closer to Beval, invading his person space. His blue eyes were pierced onto him, examining him like he was a science experiment. Two more men, came to the scene. The girl stood behind them, waiting to see what will happen next.

Beval was the tallest one out of all of us, reaching 6'3 in height and gave off a more intimidating vibe than Danny did. To the men, he was seen as the perfect challenger. To the girl, he was seen as the most attractive play toy.  I guess there is a downside to having "pretty privilege".