Chapter 9: A Story Like No Other

Start from the beginning

Eight eyes looked at him expectantly.

"I know you were expecting someone else but my father is off-world right now so I'm the next best thing the league could have sent I wish it was my dad dealing with all of this then maybe things wouldn't have gone so terribly wrong back at home... I'm rambling aren't I?" Superboy asked nervously to which Hoodwink just laughed.

"Aren't you just adorable?" she said pinching his cheek laughing.

"Haha, really funny, just give me a plan and I'm all yours," he said looking at Chat waiting for the leader in Ladybug's absence to give him a rundown.

"We made a plan with Superman in mind," Chat said scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm just as powerful as my father," Superboy said pouting making Pollinator chuckle which just upset the teen further. "Do you not believe me?" he asked, eyes glowing red as he floated off the ground, frost forming at his mouth.

"It's not that he didn't believe you in the first place little blue, we just had this plan in mind with a bigger target, your old man is a lot larger than you noodle," Protector said stepping in front of Chat who looked on in awe.

"Fair enough but never call me a noodle again cause this noodle can fry you with a look," Superboy said poking Protector in the chest.

"Maybe we can figure something out together, we first have to figure out a way to lure Hawkmoth out. We still have the peacock miraculous from when Mayura left it at our patrol spot two years ago. Maybe we can create a mirage that she's back, her and Hawkie had a thing going on," Chat said and Hoodwink nodded.

"The chemistry was there, he gave up trying to get our miraculous in favor of saving her," Pollinator said.

"If he thinks that she came back to help him it'll lure him out to try and talk to her," Superboy said catching on.

"Right chances are he wasn't too happy with her leaving him on short notice and they probably haven't talked since," Hoodwink added.

"Hawkmoth doesn't know you're here that gives us an advantage, you can go longer and harder than any of us and him, he'll get tired when you won't plus you have training that none of us, Hawkie included, have," Chat said placing a hand on Superboy's shoulder making the half Kryptonian blush.

"There's a slight flaw with this plan," Protector said making the others groan and look at him. "What if Hawkmoth and Mayrua have talked, he might know where she is or have tabs on her, he can't know for sure that this is going to work," he said pointing out a flaw that the other's overlooked.

"He had a point," Superboy said.

"Then we give Superboy the miraculous and have him call out for Hawkie saying he wants to help him and stole it from us, when Hawkie comes to get him that's when he detransforms and gives him the whammy as Superboy. Better plan?" Chat asked tapping his foot impatiently.

"The miraculous is broken, it could kill him," Hoodwink said shocked that Chat would suggest one of them even touch it.

"We don't have any other choice, I don't know what this thing will do to me but it's better than letting a terrorist run loose," Superboy said. "We meet here noon tomorrow," he added turning around and flying away.

"You do know if something bad happens to him we're going to get blamed and have the entire league after us right?" Hoodwink asked Chat who nodded.

"You forget that LB figured out how that book works and she could tell me how to fix it," Chat said looking hopeful.

"It better work cause I don't want the fucking Justice League after us," Protector said looking nervous.

"Not to mention the Titans, they'd have our asses too," Hoodwink added thinking about how Robin, the leader, was dating the youngest member hearing through the grapevine that anyone who managed to land a hit on Superboy was put into a hospital in critical condition the next day.

"We have to do this, we don't have any other choice. I have to get back to Jon I told him I was going out to the store," Chat said saluting his teammates before jumping away.

"I don't like this plan," Hoodwink said to Pollinator and Protector.

"You're not the only one and I have a feeling that LB wouldn't take too kindly to this either. Maybe she can shut Chat down?" Protector said.

"We can only hope his utterly ridiculous plan doesn't work," Pollinator said as they all swung or jumped back to their homes.

Marinette stood outside her former apartment hand raised to knock on the door with Damian standing slightly behind her.

"What are you waiting for? You weren't shy about texting me through my ex's phone," Damian said with his arms crossed making Marinette roll her eyes. She raised her hand again knocking on the door.

"Coming!" She heard Adrien's voice from the other side and her whole body froze, he sounded... happy. The door opened and his smile quickly vanished into a look of shock. "Marinette? You're back early and you brought a friend," Adrien said looking behind her, and Jon's voice rang out from the other room.

"Who's at the door?" he asked even though he already knew.

"Marinette's back!" Adrien yelled back. "Come in," Adrien added inviting them in. Jon was seated in the living room and when he saw Marinette he ran up to her hugging her.

"It's good to see you again!" he said smiling at her

"We should probably uh.. you know," Marinette said holding out Jon's phone and he blushed running into Adrien's bedroom coming out with the IPhone that was being kept in a pair of jeans so Adrien wouldn't see but Jon knew with the upcoming conversation it wouldn't be a secret much longer. The blond's jaw dropped as he sputtered nonsense pointing at the two swapping back phones.

"I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of glad we swapped," Jon said smiling cheekily winking so Damian and Adrien couldn't see.

"Of course you are," Marinette said rolling her eyes. "Everything worked out for you in the end," she added slightly upset.

"Aw something go wrong?" Jon said teasingly.

"Yeah, two of your friends ratted me out, they knew your phone better than you did," Marinette said flicking Jon's nose.

"Let me guess Kathy and Maya?" Jon asked and Marinette nodded. "I'm going to kill them," Jon said tapping his phone screen before he was interrupted by a cough. The two looked over at their ex's and Marinette blushed bright red while Jon scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Care to explain?" Adrien asked formerly happy expression now turned sour. He had been played by two people he trusted most.

"It's not what you think, none of this happened on purpose I swear Adrien," Marinette said trying to calm him down.

"Dami you have to trust us," Jon said walking over to Damian who's eyes softened slightly. He trusted Jon with his life but this was a bit much. They screwed them over, how could they ever forgive the two? "Neither of us wanted to swap phones or fall in love but it happened and now we have to live with it," Jon said looking Damian right in the eyes. "Be honest Dami, you never really loved me that way, it was a first relationship with the only person you cared about besides Maya and Kathy who are lesbians and your family, I was your only choice but look, you have more options than just me," Jon said making Damian sigh.

"Everything I felt for you was real to some extent Jon, you made me happy. You're right though, someone else out there probably could do that too," Damian said and Marinette looked down while Jon's eyes filled with guilt at the tone Damian used throwing everything that happened to them in their relationship out the window. "I need a bit of space right now," Damian said walking out of the apartment Jon bit his lip, eyes swelling with tears.

"Do you think he's ok?" Adrien asked putting a hand on Jon's shoulder knowing that his ex's cold behaviors hurt he was guilty of doing the same to Marinette all the feelings in the room were closing in they all had reasons to hate each other except for Jon, he just wanted love and now Damian and Adrien were upset with him in a way. Where did everything go so wrong? Jon wished he had just waited for his dad to come home and do this mission so he never learned about Adrien he would have never met Marinette. Marinette wished the same that she could have just stayed in her previous relationship unhappy instead of affecting these people so harshly. The three went to different rooms of the house silently each thinking about when they started to feel the way they did. Jon started to remember.

A/n this book has not been updated in four months if there are plotholes that's why lmao YOU ASKED FOR THIS!